Severe health anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

So I’m new here an I just need some help I feel so alone.. I have been diagnosed with ptsd since the tragic death of my little girl, but in the last few month I’ve been told I have severe health anxiety that links with the ptsd and the tragic accident I witnessed. So I’ve been to hospital numerous of times for heart attack, brain tumour, brain anurysm. You name it I’ve got it. I’ve had break downs at the doctors I can’t sleep because I’m scared I’m going to die in my sleep.. I feel sick all day long, I check my pulse every other minute, I darent cough too hard just in case I have a brain anuyrism. Every little pain I get I convince my self this is it I’m dying. Is this all part of anxiety? And the ptsd? It’s awful I’m so drained. Xxx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes anxiety can do so much to your health and mental health.. I suffer with it any thing that is wrong i am constantly worried... im sorry i wouldnt no what to suggest as i am struggling to help myself.. I thought replying might make u feel less lonely
    • Posted

Thankyou for replying, I’m glad someone as replied I don’t feel so lonely now. I just I could feel a little bit better. It’s so draining. Xx 
  • Posted

I have this too. I am currently on holiday with friends but I’m in hotel whilst they are out as I’m convinced I’m going to die of heart attack. I find trey jones videos good on YouTube. If you can’t find them then message me I’ll show you link. Other than that I can’t help, just know you aren’t alone. 

• Posted

I’m so very sorry for your loss.   I’m not surprised that you are feeling the way you do. I believe that all your health fears are related to that traumatic event. 

I highly recommend that you get counseling from a therapist that deals specifically with ptsd , anxiety, etc. You need support in working through your grief.

Also get a complete physical for your peace of mind. 

This is very hard to deal with alone!  

Your gonna be ok once you get support.

Take Care 🌸🌸🌸??🙂

• Posted

Hi Thankyou for replying. 

Since my little girls passing in 2014 I’ve had no help as in councilling  etc. I’ve had full checkups I’m perfectly healthy apart from Vit D! For 4 years I’ve had court cases etc to focus on the mental health doc at the hospital as said because my brain now as nothing to focus on in that department and because I’ve suffered a very big loss in such a awful way my brain dosent know how to be ok and now that’s why I’ve started with the anxiety. But the way I have been recently it’s very hard to tell myself ‘I’m ok’ I’m so scared all the time I’m so tired and I darent leave the house in case something bad happens to me and my other children. Xxx

• Posted

Hello! I too literally think the same exact thing! I too have ptsd and yes I think the same exact thing I checked my pulse a million times a day and also was obsessed with looking at my pupils to make sure they're ok ...... the way I have healed from that kart was grounding myself constantly . I promise u it works ! Anxiety will have us thinking so much and I used to think the same exact way u do now .... pleaseee meditate ! It's going to take some time but I promise it will work ! Let me know if I can help more ... I now specialize in the treatment of trauma and ptsd holistically tho 

• Posted

I’m going to look in to that.. Thankyou for replying!!

I also check my pupils, that’s one of the reasons I took my self to the hospital because one pupil was bigger than the other not by much but I could tell the difference I was convinced I had a tumour but I didn’t I was fine!! It’s so hard to believe though isn’t it. Every day there’s something new wrong with me. Xx

• Posted

Yup! Same here ! The exact same thing ..... it's hard but U don't have to suffer .... if I can help more let me know ...... meditation, oils and there's and app for PTSD ... it's called "PTSD coach" totally helps me ..... progressive relaxation is amazing ... hope u feel better soon 

• Posted

Hi lovely. I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. I cant imagine what you must have gone through. My healthy anxiety also started when i witnessed my son have a feberal convulsion. Its been nearly a year and i have been stuck in this horrible cycle. Like you i constantly think im going to have a heart attack or a brain tumour. I use to run to A&E probably 3 times a week to reassure myself by having an ECG.

I could have a simple cold and i will think its sepsis or the start of menagitits. Its awful and i very lonely place to be in. I try to explain to people, can you imagine waking everyday to the thought your going to die. No one understands and tells me to calm down. Its not that easy as you know. I have extreme health anxiety, GAD, panic disorder and OCD. Life is challenging. But we are not alone ??

• Posted

Hi Hun, Thankyou for replying!!

I’m so sorry that you feel like this ❤️!! I witnessed been killed in 2014 by a speeding driver she passed away in my arms. Hence why I suffer with ptsd, I though I had an hold on it but since April I’ve go down hill fast!! Every day a new symptom comes along and that’s it. I’ve got a brain tumour, ms, cancer, brain aneurism you name it I’ve self diagnosed it. I just can’t cope with it. I just want to feel normal again. Nobody understand me they tell me to stop been stupid, if only it was that easy eh!! Xxx

• Posted

Aw jenna thats awful! Im honestly lost for words. I cant imagine what you went through and still go through. Thats not something that you will ever forget and because of your anxiety it will always play on your mind. Life is so cruel and sometimes thats what scares me the most!

Its hard for people to understand how we feel but then it's frustrating for us because we just want to be understood. I must sound so irrational to some people and as though i am being dramatic or a "hypochondriac" but to use its real, everyday is a struggle and in my head every little pain in something deadly. Are you on any medication? I refuse meds as i just dont feel like it helps especially ssris! They make me worse if anything. I have diazepam but that's for only really desperate times xxx

• Posted

Hi Jenna. Let me start off by saying how terribly sorry I am about the loss of your sweet girl. I can't imagine. But I also suffer from pstd gad. I had a traumatic experience happen to me a few years ago regarding my children and things haven't been the same since. Just like you I have health anxiety. I've been to ER had echos had EKGs blood work chest x-rays. Have ibs now which I didn't have before. Some days and weeks are good some really bad. I will also be 41 and believe I'm in the beginning stages of perimenopause. Just like you I was checking my pulse every few mins. Or looking in the mirror to make sure I looked ok. I am now in therapy but it's new. I've chosen not to be put on meds but if I were to get worse I'm open. Although everyone's story is different the only piece of advice I can give is Live. My sister told me while I worry something terrible is going to happen I'm not living. Slowly but surely I'm making progress. Sometimes I revert but I try to put the negative thinking at Bay. I try to change the channel so to speak. I hope you get the reasurance you need. You are strong and brave I truly appreciate that you shared your story because that's a wonderful step. Everyone one of us who suffer no exactly what you go through daily..Big hug to you..take care

• Posted

Obviously we are not doctors but u r describing all the same symptoms of a panic attack and I'm currently having one now. It's awful, I convince myself that I'm I'll because anxiety has so many physical symptoms. But as I keep telling myself, it will pass and it won't kill me. I find walking helps. Take care

• Posted

Hey you. You replied to my post on my page about me being petrified. I genuinely could have just wrote that post. -_- Im so sorry for your loss. You poor gal. You should deffinetly see a therapist to help you out wiyh that sad Genuinely very sorry.. <3

My three year old daughter had a seziure 4 weeks ago in the street, when it happened I screamed and screamed so loud.

When we got to the hospital the doctor came in and asked me all these questions about it. Her words were "did it look like she was dying" and it did. That's what I thought happened.

I think I have ptsd from it too. I jump at everything and anything and im so I'll. I just can't function since it. So it is possible that thus is why we have the same worry and issues atm. I will keep you posted on how I'm doing trough out the next few weeks. I'm due an mri at some point... and I have had the eye twitch also. My eyebrow.

Again I'm so sorry for what your going through you're obviously going through a lot in your mind. I can't even imagine. I think it's best you block all intrusive thoughts. The minute you imagine anything not nice you need to act then and there to say NO. I've been doing this is and it is helping me a little. I think I've now just imbeded the worry that there's something wrong that I won't begin to feel better until I get this mri scan. But I will definitely fill you in when I get it. Then maybe you won't have to get one. It's easier said than done telling you not to worry yourself sick because I understand I'm doing the same thing. Don't let any of them intrusive thoughts and images get to you. Please throw them out of your head the moment yo get them because they are contributing to the headaches and nausea things I think. Xox

• Posted

& don't be afraid to message me and we can talk <3 I wish you well. I'm sure your feeling like me (ready for the phyciatric ward) but seeing the similarities has made me question whats going on with me a little. Maybe we genuinely have just been shook to the core. More so you. 😣 I feel for you so much honest. My aunt lost her son a few months ago from the same thing. She's having a horrible time too with it. . I feel guiltily that I'm having these struggles. I should be relieved that my wee one is ok but I suppose the mind acts in strange ways and ptsd is ptsd. Anxiety is anxiety. Depression is depression. We all slip into a horrible hell hole of scary and sad feelings. hope you get some help. & I know antidepressants work diffrent for diffrent people but have a wee read up on duloxetine, they are an srni. Basically they restore the serotonin levels in your body. I used to be on them for server depression and they were a life saver. I can't use them atm because I'm coming off amtryptaline. But my doctor agrees that they are a brilliant antidepressant. With little side affects. I'll be starting them on Friday Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.