Severe Heart Health Anxiety Ruining My Life

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI All,

For some background, I am a 22 year male and i have severe heart health anxiety to the point where i have given up all sports (i used to compete in volleyball tournaments all over but now i dont.

SYMPTOMS (what makes me think i have heart disease)

1. I get really really dizzy randomly to where i feel like I will completely pass out.
  2. i get random chest pain
  3. I get really bad chest flutters at time. sometimes it feels like my heart is spazzing for up to 10 seconds sometimes

TESTS IVE HAD:

so ive been to 3 cardiologist and an electrophysiologist and they same my heart function is normal. they have done

1. an echocardiogram
  2. quite a few EKGs
  3. a 30 day monitor
  4. 2 chest x rays

Although these tests have been normal, what if i am having an arrythmia that they are missing? I AM TERRIFIED OF SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATH

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i can relate SO much to this. i am 17 and im going through the EXACT same thing. im constantly worried that my heart is going to give out and the thought of death terrifies me. we just have to accept that its all in our heads and that we are perfectly fine! i know its hard, but we have to listen to our doctors, they know what is going on with us. Best of luck

• Posted

i have not been to a cardiologist because my doctor has told me a million times that my heart is fine and that it would be rare for someone my age to have a heart attack yet alone heart disease. ive had so many scary symptoms, like i will be completely fine and then my heart will flutter for a second or two and that terrifies me and sometimes i will get random sharp chest pain but you name it, ive had it

• Posted

i feel you. I am 19 and i go through the same thing. randomly throughout the day i get heartracing / punding feelings and i get so scared. I have gotten ekgs done and doctors always say its anxiety. i get arm pain, shortness of breath, chest tightness and more physical symptoms. my heart will race randomly without even being anxious. I am constantly feeling panicked or anxious and my symtopms are always just there. there is never a day where i dont feel a physical symptom of anxiety and i feel like its ruining my life. I cant even go out with friends or meet a guy, i cant go to crowded places.

• Posted

yes this is such torture living like this. what are your scariest symptoms?

• Posted

my heart eacing and pounding for no reason. the shortness of breath. feeling lightheaded

• Posted

I suffer arrythmia too and before I had tests was convinced I was about to die of stroke or heart attack. My tests did prove I have irregular heartbeat but lots and lots of people suffer this and most GPs are not overly concerned because, although it is scary, it is not dangerous, it just feels frightening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.