Severe IBS Issue Undiagnosed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Unknown Bowel Issues……….Please Help!

Hello All,

I am reaching out in pure desperation in hopes someone can shed some light on whatever is going on with my body.

I am a 37 year old male who has had GI issues the majority of my life, however the past two years have been a nightmare battling constipation. I know the basics regarding what causes constipation, etc. This is more so an anatomy issue, at least I think.

Basically my body will not allow me to empty out. Gas feces, etc. collects in my lower abdomen- mainly my lower left side or under my bellybutton and just stays there.

No matter what I do I can not get my body to relax and pass things. I’ve taken Linzess, Trulance, Motegrity, etc. and nothing changes the problem, in fact it gives me the urge to go and the pain builds up.

This happens with gas too so I know it’s an issue with my body. It’s as if one part is turned off while the other is on. If I take laxatives before bed I’m able to wake up and go a bit. I have also taken Valium, Xanax, and Lorazepam and they too help a bit. I was also given prednisone for inflammation and that doesn’t help.

I have been to a ton of doctors and no one seems to get what is going on.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

have you tried the low fodmap diet for ibs? i started two days ago and have literally had immediate relief. Before i started it i would look 6 months pregnant by the end of the day bc i was so full of gas and constipated. i go every morning but it never feels complete but today even though it was still kind of difficult to go, it felt like it all came out for once.

• Posted

Has IBS been mentioned at all? Have you tried an antispasmodic for the pain and tried changing your diet to include lots of fruit and vegetables? Increasing your fibre intake may help. I have IBS C and lots of fruit helped me, particularly oranges and prune juice. I would keep going back to your doctor until you get answers. That's the best way forward.Keeping on going back to my doctor helped me get my diagnosis.

• Posted

My understanding is that one of the main symptoms of IBS is diarrhoea not constipation but I could be wrong.

You could try taking Colpermin which you can buy over the counter from the chemist. If this works you can get it on prescription.

Hope it helps.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

With IBS, you can get both diarrhoea and constipation or one or the other. I started with constipation with my IBS but had periods of loose stools or diarrhoea as well. Not everyone fits neatly into one category or the other.

• Posted

IBS is indeed both, constipation or diarrhea. Some have both, i suffer from C when my acts up. It just depends on how your body reacts . Something that helped me was miralax

• Posted

It took me three and a half months to get answers which was a very difficult time for me too. However, once you find a doctor who asks the right questions you will get help.

• Posted

I have been dealing with these issues specifically for about 2 years so I get it.

• Posted

hi albert, i do truly know what that feels like. i am used to being so bunged up that you can hardly move. i take fybogel, which you can buy on prescription or laxido,these are both bowel softeners and should have been mentioned to you? try asking your doctor about them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.