Severe Memory Impairment! Please respond!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Folks  on here seem to think I have anxiety/depression even though it doesn't entirely feel that way...the symptoms still persist!

These symptoms have been relentless and ever present for the last 3 1/2 months...no breaks. no letting up. 

I woke up one morning in september...after a long and strenuous tired year...and my short term memory was severely impaired. OVER NIGHT. by dinner, things that happened at breakfast felt like a detached distant memory of another time. It was so out of reach. I struggle to remeber yesterday. I forget who I talk to about what. I've always had such a SHARP memory. far clearer than most people, in fact. My short term memory is nearly non existent. This is the most debilitating and terriying thing I have experienced. Without memory I have no context for my life...I don't feel solid...I feel like a puddle...no structure...just existing as mindless as a goldfish. It's almost impossible to bare!

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Do u remember once u think about it? Or have u totally forget. There is a huge difference between confusion - seeming like uv forget/fuzzy and lose of memory ? If its real memory loss u must see a doctor asap I should think they would run tests like a ct scan MRI 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Rach,

It's strange...If a friend reminds me that we had a conversation...i MIGHT be able to be like OH yeah... but I can't recollect or put together my week...it's all a blurr. I remember vaugly some events here and there...but nothing solid. There's incredibly LARGE gaps and blurrs and fuzziness...to the point that I can't typically put one event before or after another...it's tough.

I've actually already had an MRI...my brain looks ok!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My memory went since being on beta blockers (bisoprolol). Did you knock your head the night before the memory loss?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Nope... I was just feeling really down and extremely fatigued. then I woke up, and everything felt SO off. Surreal, but an uncomfortable surreal. As if I was inebriated. With this feeling that hasn't let up, also came the memory impairment.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Let me also offer a bit more light to this:

-I don't forget words or phrases...no more than the average joe. 

- I am still an effective communicator and talking to me you'd never suspect an issue.

-I don't forget where I am or who I am or who people are

my issue comes from recounting conversations and events that have transpired in recent. a day, 2 days, a week...I have an impossible time putting context around these things. This is madness because I have clear memories of back when I was even as young as 2 and 3...I can recount a TON of my life clearly. Ive always been grateful for that. Memory has been the least of my concerns...and now it is my greatest. I just want some advice or help. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up