Severe Nausea, Gallbladder removal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from severe chronic nausea for years. I have seen several doctors and had an array of tests done all of which came back perfectly normal. However, I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder done for a second time (the first was normal) and they say they've found gallstones and would like to remove the gallbladder. I have never had any pain or discomfort in that area, no attacks, just the severe, severe debilitating nausea. The surgeon I had a consultation with today was careful to say that it is unusual for that to be the only symptom and he is unsure if removal will truly help. So I am at a loss, does anyone have any experience with this or thoughts?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello. Miranda. Take a look at your well being. I had mine. out because of debilitating nausea. For 2 years I suffered. In and out of ER and a lot of bills. They also told me my tests were ok. Bull then why was i so sick. Finally saw a wonderful surgeon who told me the same thing. Cannot guarantee you will be well after surgery. At this stage I wanted relief from this nausea. I just remember after surgery I woke up in recovery. I couldn't believe I wasn't nausea. I was so happy. Miranda I would seriously have the op. You suffered enough. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.