Severe OCD/ADD making college difficult

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 19 year old sophomore in a small community college planning to transfer to university next year and while my degree is not insanely difficult it is not easy either. I set a goal to get a 3.8 GPA or higher while in college as it would look optimal on my resume and I did very well last year but im afraid im going to blow it this year.

I blame this mainly on severe procrastination and obsession with my job. Last year I started working a part time job at a local store. Over the course of the year, I made many friends, moved up to a higher rank in the company and became well liked by my bosses. I had alot of fun with my coworkers which is good considering I have few friends from high school.

Since I have been a kid, I have had a tendency to obsess over things for years at a time. Some years its been a sport, some years its been a person (not in a stalkerish/uncontrollable way) some years its been a TV show and so on. Currently it is my job. I always enjoy thinking about how I can do better, gossiping with my coworkers and things like that. I am still doing school and getting my work done but just not as good as I should. I severely procrastinate for hours and hours, I try scheduling my week out and i just can never stick to it. I end up saving it all till the last minute and It is so hard for me to focus on things. I can focus on stuff I WANT to focus on, but if its something im not interested in, its near impossible. I also have severe anxiety and health issues including brain fog, dizziness, IBS and other things that often serve as my excuse for not doing my work.

anyone who could give me some tips to stop the obsessive/intrusive thoughts and get my brain to focus on work? I am smart and I just feel like I am throwing my potential away by doing this but I cant stop

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.