Severe pain when getting up from sitting

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a thr after a fall 18 months ago. I'm 69 and all things considered it went great. until a week ago. I was getting in the car to drive and I felt something pull very close to the scar. since then it is swollen, hurts to bend over, hurts to sit and hurts more to stand up from sitting. I haven't called the doctor because we changed insurance and he isn't in our new plan. I tried ice but I couldn't move after I iced it. I was thinking maybe scar tissue tore but honestly don't know what to do. Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Go back to the doctor if you possibly can or see one in your insurance. i wouldnt wait to see whats

going on. Good luck.

• Posted

You need to call a Surgeon. Get a referral from your Primary Doc or call your new Ins Company. You have a problem that needs to be addressed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.