Severe Perimenopause I need help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear All, I have been perimenopause for one year and still experiencing bloating/digestive disorders, breast tenderness, headaches, hot and cold flushes, sometimes feel this whushy feeling running through me head, headache, fatigue, anxiety, depressed soemtimes that I cry for no reason, palpitate sometimes and the worst I cannot sleep. Was wondering if anyone was in this situation to advise me. Have to try to make it to work everyday. Could not work when it started but getting over that and can eat much better. Please, please help as my life has changed drastically. I cannot even drive and do things that I used to. I really need help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi celabay I know how you feel!!Ive been in peri for a year or so also and have had all these symptoms and more...I have had two periods this month and its the first time ive had two in one month!!But this forum is a god send for me!!I hope jay replies to you because she has helped me tons...She told me to start vitamin B6 and it has helped with alot of symptoms...still have bad days but not near what i use to have!!Im not much help I know but just wanted to say your not alone and the ladies on here are amazing and very helpful!!!I would be nuts by now without these ladies!!!I also havent been able to drive and my life has changed but ive been getting better....Hope you feel better and hang in there!!!Hugs to you
    • Posted

Thanks Laurie. Forgot to mention I had hysterectomy about 8 years ago up still have my ovaries. I am very grateful for your help.
  • Posted

Hi Celabay,

You have not mentioned your age. The period of perimenopause has wide range during which there is drastic hormonal variation in woman's life. As these changes are expected and someone can't avoid it. You need to cope up with changes those are going to occur in woman’s body. To minimize these symptoms you may take food rich in estrogen content e.g. soya bean. It is always better to have home remedies or multivitamin products before taking decision of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Regular exercise, meditation really helps a lot to keep betterment.

• Posted

Hello do 1981, I am 49 years old and it started exactly a year ago when I was 48
  • Posted

hello celabay i'm so sorry to read yet another one of us going through such hell, i too have all the exact same syptoms as you except i suffer from anxiety not depression.  I'm glad but sorry to hear you have the cold flushes as it appears to be unusual but i get them a lot a freeze to the bone. I too work full time and some days really struggle through, the brain fog and headaches are the worst they send me dizzy.  I still drive but not very far cos i get anxious. I couldn't even walk down our road but i will venture now but only if i have to. Yes life has changed drastically i agree.  I have started to take vitimin B12 and B6 recommended by Jay and i think i feel stronger.  I'm sorry i'm no help but like laurie we just want you to know your not on your own and sharing are thoughts and problems on this forum really helps.  We sometimes just have a good moan.  sending you a comforting hug x
  • Edited

So sorry you're going through a rough phase, I've had months of irregular periods and bowels, night sweats, anxiety, lack of appetite and sleep problems.  My GP and triage nurse have been so supportive and with anti anxiety low dose tablets and HRT I'm am settling back to my old self.  I have had advice from psychology therapists and pharmacists to help fill those worrying thoughts.  Also I have Ive improved my diet more B12 calcium iron fresh fruit salad fibre and upping my fluid I am feeling great.  I now know adrenaline can give me many symptoms but will not harm me.  I understand sleeping rhythms and practising breathing techniques to help me relax ( in for 4 seconds out for 7seconds plus relaxing thoughts).  It's a new phase which will produce a calmer wiser woman, like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis!  Please don't give up, you will get through all this, you're not alone.  Xx
    • Posted

Thanks emma. I am on all these vitamins and feel so good some days but other days are horrible. It kind of fluctuates. It's far better than when it started but I thought it should have cease be now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.