Severe rediculous anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been suffering from anxiety from as long as i can remember. I always get it when Im going to do something new or if i know ill be alone in public. i get really shaky, cant breathe, get nauseous, feel like im choking, i then begin to cry and want to run away and hide. Im starting a new job where I will be working with new people I dont know and It terrifies me. I have all these negative thoughts and emotions saying u cant do it. dont go, quit! and i always managed to avoid situations that will make me panic but i cant with my job. I dont want to quit after just a few days. what can I do? How do I stop this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There is help for u.. See UR doc explain the above. Meds for anxiety truly take the edge off enough for u to better cope.

Important to take care of this now if not will get to a point where u can't cope at all.

So catch this while u can and remember how common this is. U r not alone. Meds really can give u a new look at life.

good luck...

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, I have not had medication for it before, the doc has always persuaded me not to, but I want to try them. Thanks alot, it's nice to know that people know how I feel smile
  • Posted

Oops, sorry my love it's awful for you,but it's feelings not facts. Do your very best to stick it out,then it will gradually be somewhere you are used to and people you know. I did that with a hospital Job that I really wanted but was almost phobic about. You can do it. You have been so brave before,we are heroes as we face fear every day but struggle through. My life completely changed after the doc persuaded me to go on anti depressants.I felt I was not depressed just extremely anxious.I had the Prozac type to start with. All those things you are suffering became a doddle.If you don't mind going down the tablet road there in lies freedom. You may have to try a couple before you find the right one for you. They all take about 21 days to work.good luck.x
    • Posted

Thank you for your lovely comments, jobs are hard for me because I am so scared of messing up. I had my first day today and it wasnt as bad as i thought. But i will seek out some medication because I still get anxious even public traveling, which I need to do to get to work. Thank you very much for your reply smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.