severe shin pain after tkr

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had tkr 3weeks ago. General pain everywhere but excessive shin pain. Any ideas.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I think I'm right in saying that that is pretty normal, I had pkr, and I still get shin pain, thigh pain plus of cause the knee pain, lots and lots of ice packs, massage, and do your physio, if you read back through, you'll see the same, and some other ideas, hope it settles😓
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Davy yes its the hammering and sawing your bone went through!!!! Ul get loads of weird pains im now 13 weeks post op and still experiencing all sorts??? This week its my ankle and my good kner giving me jip!!!@ Keep up with the pain meds and ice packs and most importantly drink loads of fluid for your muscle and nerve damage!!!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You are readjusting to a proper walk and stride. Soft tissue is being realigned. The muscle is being pulled away from the bone to a small degree. You will find yourself going through a lot of different strains and pains as body parts realign from bad posture and walking due to the ailing knee
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there,  I had my second op. Three weeks ago as well.  The pain in my knee was horrendous last night so I checked with the record of pain that I kept for the first knee which I had eleven weeks ago.  Weeks three to six are by far the worst so hang in there. Don't try to go without the pain relief, it's not worth it and there are no medals.  Take as much as you can and ice and rest intermittently.    Good luck.  
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up