Severe side effects of Fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there,

I am after some help,

I have been taking Fluoxetine for two weeks tomorrow and I have been waking up the last few mornings with extremely itchy legs and they have become a little blotchy... Not sure if I am getting to hot at night or it's the Fluoxetine?

I am also hoping I start to feel better soon as I still seem a little down...

I would appreciate any help and advise... :D

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emmachrisjack,

could be just a side affect from Fluoxetine on the itchy legs, if it is should pass very soon. Like your self I'm just coming up to my secound week on Fluoxetine, and what I hear and been told by people on this site and my own G.P (doc) is that things get a little worse before they start to get better, so if your head is all over the place - tired - feeling even lower, you be fine. Your two weeks in so not long before these things kick in, I hope this helps as i need it to lol

take care

John B

• Posted

Hi John B,

Thank you very much for the response... I think it is a side effect but getting a bit worried as everything you read says go back to your doctor but in a way I don't want to as I have gone two weeks with this and don't want to try anything else as it will just take even longer to get better!

Nice to know someone else has started taking it the same time as me...

Although I must say GMTV didn't help this morning saying they don't work... arrrggghh...

I hope you start to feel better soon...

:D

• Posted

just for the afticle that came out this week about Fluoxetine saying it dont work? Well two weeks ago I was going to hang my self, I started Fluoxetine and yeah I feel odd on them at times (better then dead) yeah I hate taking tabs (better then dead), so i go hang my self or take Fluoxetine, so i took Fluoxetine and i'm still alive and feel a lot better then i did two weeks ago, so if they dont work? I WOULDN'T BE HERE!

bottom line!

John B

• Posted

Cor John...

That's awful, I am so glad your atrting to feel a bit better than that, I am not that low but I did start wondering if I am actually needed and maybe people would be better off without me so I can relate to some extent...

Dr Hillary was on though and basically said they do work and they wouldn't be able to sell them if they didn't...

• Posted

I have difficulty taking these and believing in them as it is. But as you John, I have been the lowest in my life, and really there is no other choice.

I have been taking them 2 weeks today and tbh, still feel terrible, very low, I have really been struggling. Went back to Dr yesterday and my dose has been increased from 20mg to 40mg, I took 40mg yesterday, and today.

I'll let you know how I do guys. I truly do wish you all luck with these, and everyone do pls keep posting, as I need you guys too x

• Posted

Oh suziesue...

Here is a hug... I really hope they kick in soon and they will do as apparently they can take up to 6 weeks...

It is really nice to know that your not alone suffering as that's how I felt before finding this...

Are you going to try counselling? All the very best... XxX

• Posted

Hi Suziesue

I have been on the Prozac now for nearly a year, I must say I do feel better than I did but I guess I should after all this time, I have this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach which is there when I go to bed and it is there when I wake, I suffer very badly with insomnia, and I like everyone else I keep looking for a alternative and after listening to gmtv this morning I have been searching yet again. This web-site is very good and does give alternative to anti depressants www.theroadback.org/aaapretaper.htm and the supplements they suggest to take are.

ESSENTIAL PROTEIN FORMULA

BODY CALM

BODY CALM SUPREME.

It comes with instructions of how and when to take what time to take ETC please take a look at the web-site.

I hope you all feel better soon and if I can be of any help please post on the site

• Posted

[quote:93586b0f3c=\"John B\"]just for the afticle that came out this week about Fluoxetine saying it dont work? Well two weeks ago I was going to hang my self, I started Fluoxetine and yeah I feel odd on them at times (better then dead) yeah I hate taking tabs (better then dead), so i go hang my self or take Fluoxetine, so i took Fluoxetine and i'm still alive and feel a lot better then i did two weeks ago, so if they dont work? I WOULDN'T BE HERE!

bottom line!

John B[/quote:93586b0f3c]i have been on these tablets for a few years now but when i think im better i come of them not a good idea u must stick to them just gone back on them to day will stay on them for life i think but not a bad thing good luck to your self keep ur chin up amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.