Severe weakness in heat outside.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ladies, one of the symptoms I get for the past 2 years is severe weakness with pressure in the abdomen when trying to walk outside in any heat over 80 degrees. I feel weak and my legs feel swollen suddenly, severe pressure in upper abdomen starts and i have to lay down because something is going on with my head. 2 years ago the symptom progressed to the point of palpitations during a hot shower and weakness but it stayed onlty for about 2 months and went away. But the weakness outside persists till  today. Is my brain cutting circulation to my other organs in situations of heat? Zhave anyone of you had anything similar. Because of this I already moved from Florida to PA, because it was hot there all the time. But here in PA as soon as the temp hit 80 degrees I am in trouble again.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a similar issue including very little tolerance to sunlight. I literally cannot breath in the heat and get panicky, moody, and angry. I can put up with sun in the winter, but all summer I get up before sunrise to go for a walk and hide indoors the rest of the day until it's dark. I live in VT and it's still way too hot for me from May to late Sept. It's miserable being a prisoner while everyone is out having fun.

• Posted

Yes, this does seem like an issue with overheating since direct sunlight is very warm. Have you had it for a long time?
    • Posted

I'd say it's been much worse over the last 6 years or so which I suspect is when I entered into the peri stage.

• Posted

I too deal with this weakness in heat. I try to avoid anywhere it may be to warm for me for fear of feeling fainty, like i may pass out. I try to dress as light as I can no matter what the season. I used to love to tan in the summer time, now I am very careful about even getting outside in the summer for fear of getting all crazy due to the heat. I can't handle heat of any kind these days. I guess it's just another symptom of this crazy time of a woman's life. 

• Posted

I can definitely relate. I just joined a gym and walked in the dry sauna and in less than 3 minutes I began feeling as if I was suffocating and had a panic attack. I walked out of course but it took me awhile to calm down. I had a weird sensation in my head, my heart was pounding and racing and it took me awhile to calm down. I was so embarrassed because the other girls/women were in there for 10 to 15 plus minutes without a problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.