Sex

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've noticed this subject is never discussed, I also understand this is a forum about anxiety. However IMO sex is a release of anxiety, I'm not starting a conversation on sex acts, but to not discuss what is a natural anxiety buffer is ignoring human behavior.

When I was in the throws of acute anxiety, sometimes I would think of sex to take my mind off of the panic, and it worked. It's obvious sex is a very strong human emotion, and something that should be considered in the goal to overcome emotional distress.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can see your point, but a lot of anxiety suffers who are single, and are usually single because of the the conditions they are suffering from (vicious cycle), do not have the oppotunity of trying sex as a form of panic/anxiety reduction or relaxation. Unless the act of performing sex upon oneself in to be considered. 

For those that are in relationships, and that do suffer from panic attacks, taking into consideration the irrational thought process that can go on during such an attack, I'm pretty sure (though not certain) that sex is the last thing on such a persons mind. Well it was never on my mind when I use to suffer from panic attacks, but then everyone is different, and am not totally disregarding your idea.

• Posted

When I was "on the hunt" in Fort Lauderdale I noticed some guys were reluctant to take that, what was considered the long walk towards an attractive girl, especially if she was with her girl friends, fearing to be shot down. I considered it a challenge, why not just go for it, even if the girl didn't respond, nothing was lost. Girls would tell me they wanted to meet men, but many were some what timid.

Bottom line, this anxiety thing seems to deplete self confidence which keeps getting worse with thoughts of failure. Believe me, there were more contacts than turn downs because I thought positive, not that I'm Mr. Wonderful, but human nature is more forgiving than most understand.

• Posted

Sorry for to much information, but regardless of a partner, I think self pleasure helps alot of people too smile
  • Posted

Yes it works really well for me.

Even if something is on my mind, it will be forgotten about. 

Orgasms must have some theraputic value, and even if they dont, its brill ot not think about anxiety for awhile!

I do think it played a really good role in bringing me back into the 'real world' after depression and alleviates my anxiety. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.