Sex and the aches

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ladies good morning I am here again because I have a question not that I love the sex thing during this time but hubby has to stay happy my question is have any of you experience back ache the next day or so after sex normally I never got the aches but since menopause I seem to get the sore upper back and arms I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I tense up so much maybe because I really just didn't want to have sex I just ache maybe two days later also one more question my anxiety is a bit up today I've been plucking my rubber band singing a tune in my head but today when I woke I think when I got the pain in my arms and back it triggered it you know we jump at the slightest pain and start thinking the worse I think today I just need to hear from you ladies sorry if I'm being a pain I just feel loved and comfort when I come to you ladies rather than try to explain it to family that has no clue you ladies are so wonderful at calming me I wish we could all be on an island together away from the ones who don't understand us well thank you wonderful ladies God bless

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get pain after sex with my husband although I suffer with my back generally anyway. It's hard because I just don't want to have seen but I have to think of my husband as well . I just feel so rubbish most days thats the last thing on my mind. X

• Posted

Hi Monique dont feel like you are being a pain. We all need each other to get through this smile I dont get those pains but I do get the anxiety about things. Just remember it is a part of the perimenopause and try and breathe through it. You are doing great! Btw I am wearing a rubber band now to get me refocused when I need it. I am praying for all of us ladies daily. Have a good day!

• Posted

Hi Becky,

You said you wear a rubber band for anxiety. Do you wear it in your wrist? Does it help? I have anxiety something terrible and if this works that would be great!!

• Posted

Yes it does help I try humming a tune while I'm plucking it eases the anxiety a lot you will see but make sure you don't wear a tight one

• Posted

Hi Reinee,

Today is my first day wearing it. I got the idea from Monique smile Fingers crossed that it works for us. I get major anxiety too....especially around bed time. Have a good day!

• Posted

My anxiety is worse at bedtime as well. It seems like once I turn everything off and lay down that's when it hits me. My psychiatrist prescribed me a mild sedative. I don't take it every night , only on the nights when my anxiety gets the best of me.

• Posted

I started walking about two hours before bedtime and drinking warm milk. I still dont sleep very well but anxiety has changed a bit. Hope you have a good night sleep tonight and your anxiety is gone. Praying for you
  • Posted

Hello

Men just don't get it that the last thing on our minds is sex . Wish they could live as one of us for a few days then they'd understand .

I also have back pain after sex lasts for a few days your not alone x

• Posted

Hey Monique I had a full abdomal hysterectomy seven weeks ago husband had calendar marked at six weeks due to no sex for 6 weeks after surgery! I had gotten full blown menopause symptoms since surgery and wanted no part of sex but did give in they have to be satisfied at six weeks it was very painful now I'm scared to do it again due to pain! I feel selfish and have been so emotional hope we can all get past this quickly !!

• Posted

aaaaaah bless you Monique.. can't help you with the problem, but the island thing sounds good.......I will think of that when i feel the need......xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.