Sex at 7 weeks post-op?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well, we tried 'going all the way' yesterday (I'll be 7 weeks post rectocele repair tomorrow) and it wasn't a success.  It was paiful and my husband said there was a lump in his way.  Very disappointed, we were, too!  I wanted to give it a go before my follow-up appointment in 6 days' time, but wonder if we should have waited a little longer? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh please don't be too disappointed, I'm 24 weeks and still sore at the back of perineum where the stitching finished, it's so underestimated how long we take to recover and heal from this surgery.

I know we are all different but six weeks is wildly optimistic for sex with no discomfort.

You'll get there, just takes time, it's a major procedure, you just need to heal a bit more.

Matron says it takes around a year to completely be back to normal, though you won't be this sore for that long.

It does put things in perspective though.

• Posted

** I meant I was 14 weeks post op!
  • Posted

Hi Grable its prob just swelling I am almost 11 weeks post op and it's only this past week the swelling has gone done a bit. Like you I also tried sex at the 7 week mark I didn't need lubricant but it was uncomfortable for me and I felt like my significant other was hitting against the top of my vagina - thankfully it was all over in about 30 seconds lol but it was so uncomfortable for me I haven't done it since as I ended up bleeding a bit for a few days after. All that aside, like I said I feel I have finally turned the corner a bit this past week so am up for trying again. My follow up appointment isn't for another 8 weeks as my surgeon says it takes at least 4 months for the swelling to completely go and for him to have a true reflection of how successful the op has been. Try not to be too down things just take time whoever said 6 weeks had no idea x

• Posted

Ok so ......., tried again purely for you research purpose 😉no pain (but no real pleasure either as worried about pain from last time). Tried Lubricant but that wasted it a bit to be honest. Feeling a bit swollen afterwards but not sore.
  • Posted

For me too - we went all the way at about 6 - 7 weeks. The first two times I thought himself was hitting my ovaries - it was very, very painful and I had to ask him to withdraw a little. It has got better! I'm now  14 weeks tomorrow and it's a lot, lot better. Himself says there is still some sar tissue that he can feel but it's not stopping anything! The residual swelling has gone down a lot between weeks  10 - 14 and I feel almost human again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.