Sex news.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I am 16 wks post op for total hysterectomy m, A&P repair and a tvt. On the whole I've had a smooth recovery. The usual tenderness etc. Until about 11wks when I could feel a bulge. Managed to get appt with consultant a week later and he reassured me that all was healing well. A slight urethrocele. But my bowels were slipping back to old habits too,But that's to be sorted by my colorectal surgeon. My gyna consultant asked if we'd managed sex yet and I said my hubby and I were a bit scared. He told us to get on with it. Haha. So a few weeks later we finally tried it last night and surprisingly it was good. A little discomfort but no pain and no bleeding at all. I supposed waiting that little bit longer has allowed for thorough healing. We were both relieved it went well. And no lube needed. So for those who are afraid, don't be. We took it nice and slow and he was very patient.

Good luck ladies.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Fi

That's really good to hear. I'm terrified of trying sex for the first time, as following my posterior repair 2 weeks ago, it all seems very 'tight ' down there!

We had a fantastic sex life before, and it's a hugely important part of our marriage so I'm so scared it will never be as good again.

Thank you for your candour, your words have reassured me.

Best wishes

Sue xx

• Posted

I had a posterior repair too - 15 weeks ago now. We had sex at 6 or 7 weeks and it was painful on deeper penetration. I had to ask Himself to withdraw a little bit as it felt like he was hitting my ovaries (no I know that's not possible!). Not at the wound site but much higher up.

I was ok though - relaxed and happy - enough euphemism(!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Since then - it has got better. Much, much better. I haven't had any pain on intercourse and the pain higher up has not returned - perhaps it was the deep stitches - I don't know. Now I would say we are back to normal. On asking Himself he said it all felt ok to him - he was aware there was scar tissue in the early days and things were tighter.

?Take it slow, make sure you're ready, take enough time to be comfortable and relaxed.

• Posted

Thanks so much for that!

You've made me feel so much better, I've been worrying that we'll never get back to normal.

I'll get the prosecco in by the bucket load so I'll be nice and relaxed! ; )

X

• Posted

Try not to worry sue. It may take a while yet but I'm sure you'll be back on track soon. Hubby said it felt tighter so better for him haha.

Best of luck in your healing. Xx

• Posted

Great news Fi, I'm please you and Hubby are back ontrack. S

• Posted

Thanks Steph. I'm feeling relatively good all round. Doing loads more too. Get the odd twinge but nothing bad. X

• Posted

Hi Fi45! I'm happy for you! Congratulations! I waited long also for sex and surprisingly it didn't hurt and it was good! After the first time we tried other postures and some are a bit painful but I know it will improve with time. Thanks for sharing this with us ??

• Posted

Glad your improving too. It's just good to get first time out the way being so anxious about it.

• Posted

I'm 7 weeks post op from bladder and bowel prolapse surgery. It all seemed really tight like there was absolutely no chance that he would ever fit in there again. We gave it a go and I think I've been sewn up too much. I'm now really sore and it feels like I've got an ulcer downstairs. Has this happened to anyone else, does it get better? I'm worried that I'm going to have to have more surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.