sharp chest pain on left rib!!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm needing some advice right now..I'm freaking out. ok so I went to the Dr on December 6..two weeks ago today. I went because I freaked myself out into thinking I had DVT. (blood clot in your leg that travels to your lungs which is called PE which then goes to your heart leading to most likely fatal heart attack) so he ordered an ultrasound and said everything looked really good and he also checked my circulation and my heart and said I do not have PE. a few days after I left my leg cramp thing went away..so last night I was painting a picture for a few hours straight after work (which was also standing for 2 HRS) which I normally don't do..anyway out of nowhere I got this really sharp pain in my left side like where my lung is and it hurts so bad to breathe or yawn..of course I looked it up knowing I shouldn't do that and now I think I have PE (blood clot in your lung) and I had a panic attack for almost two hours..I finally fell asleep and woke up with it still there but not as bad as before..it's almost gone now but I'm still freaking out..can you get a blood clot within two weeks??? maybe he missed something??? should I go to the Dr??? so scared rn :'(

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi shay, my opinion is that (I am not a doctor) you were standing in one spot painting on an easel I'm guessing which caused your muscles to tighten up and cause the pain.  I know from my own painting experience using a mouse for hours which can and has caused me severe pain in my entire arm as well as somewhat carpel tunnel...I've had the type of pain you describe in my back and it is painful; could maybe be a cold coming on so check with your doctor just to be sure...reading about all the medical things that can happen makes us all neurotics I think not that you're one; just makes us worry about everything all the time; we all do it...good luck...

• Posted

I hope it's just a muscle strain..I didt't go to the DR yet but it's healing like a muscle strain..getting less and less painful as the days pass..it's barely there now. I still might call the DR because my head is screaming blood clot sad like maybe it broke off and went to my heart and that's why it's not hurting anymore?? Im so tired of over thinking 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.