Sharp pain in upper left abdomen for months.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a intermitten sharp pain in my upper left quadrant for around 4 months now. It feels like it's in my stomach. I also have a dull ache in my right testicle sometimes and constant muscle twitching in my arms and legs.

Urinalysis and bloodwork came back fine. I have had an upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, CT scan, ultrasound and everything has turned out normal. I have been talking Pantoprozole for 2 months now and it's done nothing to fix the issue. I have been put on an SSRI to manage the stress and anxiety I have developed from not being able to get a diagnosis.

I cannot correlate the pain with anything I eat it or do other than sometimes when I take a deep breath or bend over I sometimes get the stabbing pain. Any insight on my current situation would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jason! I too get the stabbing pain in the same exact spot as you.

I was,earlier this year,diagnosed with hiatal hernia and GERD but I am planning on getting a second opinion because it doesn't matter what I eat or drink, I still get the pain daily. And like you I am very anxious, which I am told, doesn't help the gut.

I wish I could offer you some kind of advise but I am also seeking help .

It just helps me to know I am not alone.

I hope we find answers and a way to get rid of the pain once and for all.

• Posted

I am getting an MRI done in a few hours, I'll let you know if I am able to get a diagnosis when the results are in.

• Posted

Please do let me know. Maybe an MRI should be on my to do list as well.

Good luck Jason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.