Shattered

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had a bad day yesterday with the dreaded Diarrhea,started ok in the morning,then went again 2 hrs later then really bad about 6.00pm,cramping into the late evening,then woken up this morning at 4.30 and very loose again,dont know whats caused it as ive just eaten my usual foods of wholemeal toast,Prawn sandwich and salmon,new potatoes ,carrots and peas.Its so depressing,I already have a doctors app today to get some more medication to last me over my Safari holiday next week,really scared now about going.The only pain ive had is a sharp shooting pain into my left groin that only lasted a couple of seconds,would appreciate anyones  thoughts.Im not a happy bunny.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh Yvonne I can completely understand you anxiety ...I was diagnosed in Jan after being admitted to hospital, and yes I'm worrying about what happens if i get a flare up abroad ( I've had a couple of dodgy days but nothing to warrant antibiotics) we have booked to go to Spain in July ..And of course i need to change my travel insurance...Where are you going on safari? We have been to south Africa twice and it's amazing....Even then without knowing i had this problem i took baby wipes , tissues etc ....Try not to worry I'm sure you will be ok

• Posted

Hi all ,I've been taking a probiotic for a while now so I don't think it's helping.Im pretty sure I've not got an infection so I don't think taking the Imodium will cause a problem as Im quite careful and I still go at least once a day .We are going to the Motswari in the Kruger National Park,I am looking forward but a little apprehensive about the toilet thing as we are traveling about a lot as well,I booked this about 12months ago when I was well and didn't have any problems.I went to Aruba last November for my 60th and I had to cope with diahreea there and stomach problems but that was just a beach holiday and was easy to manage.Thanks again for all your comments and I will post back when I return .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.