Shea Butter For Post-Rash Skin!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys!

Happy to say that my rash is 99% gone, with just some dry patches on my legs now. I'm SO glad that I had PRREZE cream to help get rid of it within a month and a half, but I wanted to share with you another secret weapon that I think REALLY helped my skin once the rash faded but it was still very dry and flaky:

Raw Shea Butter. This stuff is GOLD--literally and figuratively! If you can find it at your local health food store or supermarket, buy it. But only the raw kind that is golden-yellow like butter. White Shea Butter has been processed and had a lot of vitamins removed. That stuff won't do you much good as a moisturizer. But raw Shea Butter can be used to treat skin rashes, acne, stretch marks, and even dark spots on the skin. It's super-moisturizing, totally organic, and smells kind of nutty if you don't mind that sort of thing. 

As you may have noticed with post-rash skin, it's hard for skin to remember how to stay soft and smooth for a while! Dry skin isn't pleasant, and I decided to help my skin heal while also repairing the moisture barrier so I didn't have so many dry patches all over. I did a little research and, in addition to the Vitamin E cream I was already using (Vit E is your friend when it comes to skincare, too!) I decided to buy some SB because it sounded like it could treat pretty much any kind of minor skin problem. Why not, I thought?

I got a good-sized tub of it from my local co-op and began using it all over at least three times a day--I needed to use it that many times, because my skin was so dry. It's been three weeks and my skin is finally remaining smooth with only one application, usually in the evenings before bed. Mornings I use my Vit E cream, which absorbs much faster and isn't as greasy as this stuff tends to be (tip: Less is more!) But the reason I think so highly of Shea Butter is because of how great my FACE looks now!

I have pretty normal, balanced skin, prone to only a few pimples when it's PMS time. I'd been using a moisturizer with sunscreen, ignoring how it made the skin on my forehead kind of bumpy cause hey, gotta have sunscreen this time of year! Well, after I got PR on my face and my skin got rough and bumpy in other places, I stopped using the sunscreen moisturizer and switched to the shea butter, figuring it couldn't hurt.  WOW did I see a difference after a week! My face was smoother, softer, more even-toned, and those bumps? Gone. I looked like I was wearing foundation (which I don't use or even own, LOL. :D )

(The PR on my face went away, strangely enough, after I started taking antibiotic eyedrops to treat a case of conjuctivitis. Or maybe it was after I put more PRREZE cream on the spots. I think the SB did help a little but it didn't get rid of the PR.)

In any case, I highly recommend shea butter to restore your skin to its' softer state once your PR is gone! If you have oily/combination skin, using SB on your face might not work so well, but if not, doesn't hurt to try! Now that my face is rash-free, I use it once a week after a face mask as a treat. My skin loves it! 

So 10/10 for Shea Butter!

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there 

I am heading into week 6 with this rash now the derm is 90% sure it is PR but it's on my scalp and on my face now and spots just keep on coming I'm pretty much covered from head to toe it's to the point now it feels like it will never end and coming up to a season where I won't be able to hide it anymore I could deal with it until it started on my face sad 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You poor thing!! I remember seeing it show up on my arms and face  after three weeks and thinking "REALLY?!" It is the nastiest effing ordeal!

If you haven't yet, I strongly recommend ordering PRREZE Cream (Google it, the reviews are so positive!) It might take two rounds of applications, but it does the trick! It is also safe to use on your face.

Best thing to do is go easy on the moisturizers (use only natural stuff like Vit E, coconut oil, shea, etc) so you don't further irritate the skin. Zince oxide is also good because it protects from sunburn while not making the rash worse, either.

It WILL end! My skin looked awful just a month ago, but now so much has cleared up that you'd never even be able to tell I had a rash in the first place. Be patient and remind yourself that as awful as this is, your skin will heal and recover. Once the rash gets flat and starts to turn brownish/flaky, it's almost over! 

In the meantime, using shea butter certainly won't hurt if you want to try that. Good luck to you! 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am waiting for my delivery of PP, after ready this site I have high hopes for the cream.  I have had PR for over 12mths not realising what it was my Dr said it was ringworm gave me tablets after 6weeks I returned to Dr's tobe told it was PR, I have now had 3 sunbeds, showered twice a day with Head/shoulders my next step is PP I cannot wait for my delivery.   thank you everyone you have been helpful.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up