Shin pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Shin pain after knee revision Had my knee revision in may last year did not have pain till about three months later down my shin to my top of my foot .any one else getting this .

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I am Christine, it's not all the time, but if my leg goes sideways, it really hurts down my shin. Also have a lot of pain if I turn onto that side during the night.

I had an X-ray at my one year follow up and everything was ok, so I didn't say much about it, as I can live with it and don't want any more surgery.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mine turns out! Though it did before surgery, I had a deformity, my leg went out at the side from the knee down, and no matter what the physio did afterwards I can't get my feet together, the left one always goes outwards.

If yours is very painful, it's worth having a scan.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm just at 5 weeks, but I do have a shin ache from time to time.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Christine I too have a lot of shin pain but my pt told me it is actually the muscle that runs on the outside of the shin on the outside of the knee. That muscle gets overused a lot in recovery and it is common after TKR. I ice my knee religiously but tonight I out a heat pack on my shin and instant relief after 20 minutes. I am 3 weeks post op and I have different types of pain affecting the entire leg, calf, ankle and foot. This is all normal. Both your femur and tibia and patella was sawed through. Ligaments, muscle and nerves were all traumatized. Hang in there and keep trying heat or a gel or whatever might work. I also have extreme nerve sensitivity and burning all over. Sheet can barely touch my leg. It is all getting better though.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up