Shivers

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else get the shivers I go through stages where I'm shivering and feel like I can't get warm . Thought it could be meds but only take it at night

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is this just over a day or two or has it gone on longer?

Shivers or rigors like that can be a sign of having an infection.

• Posted

Not sure what it is but always just associated it with loss of blood during surgery, pain, fatigue and the body getting back to normal.
  • Posted

I do the same thing now except that I am hot sometime and freezing other times. It started after my TKR 8 weeks ago. I have been told that it should pass eventually. I am 61 years old and never had these issues when I went thru menopause. Wow!
    • Posted

Aww thank you I've been really worried bout it I'm 59 it just comes over me I feel hot on outside I'm 3wks post op

• Posted

you should check and make sure you do not have a fever or infection in the knee.
  • Posted

Hi Wendy, I experienced the same thing but only when I used too much energy and tried to do too much.  I was lying under a thick blanket in temperatures of 33 degrees Cecius!
    • Posted

Thank you I it's good to know I'm not on my own it's horrible feeling

• Posted

Are you on blood thinner by any chance? I was, and I was chilly most of the time, especially when icing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.