Shoe Is On The Other Foot Now

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, I must admit long before I experienced peri and menopause. When I heard women complaining about their horrible symptoms, I used to think they were crazy and needed to get a life. I never thought the day would come, that I would be in their shoes now. Live and learn.

This experienced has taught me to at least have compassion for people when they tell me their troubles. You never when the shoe will be on the othet foot.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Maria, sorry you are suffering now too. It's hard for anyone to truly understand what someone else is going through unless you've experienced it yourself. I never heard anyonr complain of the symtoms I have, so when I hit perimenopause, I had no idea what was wrong with me. I honestly thought i was going insane! This is a great support group, and sorry the show is now on the other foot. It's nice to know we're not in this alone

• Posted

Colleen, I never heard anyone complaining about all this stuff either! I don't know if it is an age thing (I'm 44). ..or maybe I just need different friends. Lol. That's why this forum is so great.

• Posted

I could literally sit in a coffee shop on here talking with you all and be happier than eating lunch with someone who doesn't understand what I am feeling right now. I can't tell you how many times I am sitting in a waiting room reading this and start laughing at something on here. (only the funny stuff of course). The people prob think I'm laughing at a joke on fb or something. If they only knew.

• Posted

Your so funny! Yes if only people knew what we were reading. I sit in different waiting areas and read these posts. Even in the car when my husband is driving lol! I love this site.....it helps me to feel normal smile

• Posted

I wish we lived near one another. I don't know anyone going through this

sad

• Posted

Hi,

I'd heard of hot flashes and periods ending but that was it!

I wasn't expecting the moods, anxiety and things changing downstairs 😲😲.

I'm 41 and expected to carry on having a normal sex life (if only I had a bloke) lol.

Now it's changed, who's going to want a moody, anxious woman with problems downstairs??

At least I have this site you ladies who understand xx

• Posted

Where do you live? I swear this is so hard. I don't have any really close friends here since we haven't lived here long, but out of the ladies I do know, nobody talks about this stuff and I keep looking for someone that is as exhausted as I am. To make matters worse, the last time I mentioned it to someone (and she is a couple of years older) she was perplexed. Like there was something bad wrong with me. Oh geez then the anxiety started up again. Ugh

• Posted

Me too Karen! Hot flashes and no periods and all would be swell😳.

• Posted

Hi Chr, I live in a rural suburb 25 miles East of Buffalo NY. You?
    • Posted

Downstairs! LOL! My problems are upstairs!!! I don't know which is worse? ???

• Posted

I live in middle Ga. I've always wanted to go to NY. You see a lot of snow I bet

• Posted

Yep good old downstairs 😂😂

I live in flat so I don't have problems upstairs 😂😂😂😂

Why were we never told about any of this??

I will be an expert by the time my older cousins hit this roller coaster, I may sell my knowledge to them 😂😂😂

• Posted

Maria. My mom was older when she had me and I can remember wondering what the heck was wrong with her and how I was never going to act like that when I grew up. Well here I am
  • Posted

This is why I'm thankful for the internet.  I'd heard of hot flashes and sexual drive changing, but not the heavy periods that rain clots and never end. Nobody ever talks about that part. I'm so thankful for groups like this so we can help each other.

• Posted

Yes, I went through the same thing. There were times I bled for the entire month straight. Then there were times I skipped a month. The blood clots looked liked something from a crime seen. Now there is nothing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.