Shoe Is On The Other Foot Now

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, I must admit long before I experienced peri and menopause. When I heard women complaining about their horrible symptoms, I used to think they were crazy and needed to get a life. I never thought the day would come, that I would be in their shoes now. Live and learn.

This experienced has taught me to at least have compassion for people when they tell me their troubles. You never when the shoe will be on the othet foot.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

We're awash in information here in the digital age, yet menopause still seems underdiscussed and so misunderstood. Magazines vaunt youth and vitality, deepening our sense of isolation. Although the Change is a normal part of life, there's so little "normal" in how I feel most days: anxious, sleepless, heart palpitations, hot flashes, poor digestion. You name it. Menopause is the storm before the calm, but at 50, I'm still waiting for the calm....

I've not found doctors very helpful, they've only got their 20-minutes insurance-approved time with me. This midlife transition is radically challenging, and thanks to forums such as this we can at least acknowledge it. I've been able to chat about it with a few women friends, and we compare "cheat sheets" on how to cope: melatonin, valerian, exercise, meditation, leafy greens, long walks, herbal teas, HRT. I wish I had a sure-fire suggestion, one true thing that would help everyone feel better, sleep better: I'd share it with you all in a heartbeat. But I hear you, and I understand, too....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.