Shopping and Peri/Menopause...

Posted , 9 users are following.

It's it just me or do any of you ladies find yourselves needing something from the store, and the minute you get into your car and start to drive, you become anxious/nervous and just feel the need to turn back around and go home, and try again later??? What the heck. All Menopause???

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Typo should say ... Is it just me oops😕

• Posted

Thank you ladies for sharing! It certainly helps to hear how others get by in similar situations... ❤
  • Posted

I have heard this before---or even panic attacks at the store..   But I feel most comfortable at home and rarely feel like shopping because it feels like a chore.
  • Posted

Hi I have been there out shopping and experiencing my heart would start on me, then I would panic can't stand up the queue get all hot get to till and out the door and home not come back out for the week it  was horrendous, when I use to go to the Post Office   It's like I couldn't stand up in there either shaking, I feel better 2 years on but still get Anxiety washing over me you just have to wait it out till it's all over, keep going because it does subside with time Hugs. 

• Posted

I feel you, I'm in the same position. I love to go shopping but lately I've been freaked out about going anywhere since my last episode at CVS pharmacy. EMS was called because I thought I was going to pass out, thank God I didn't but I was pretty embarrassed. Since then I've been a nervous wreck. I'm hopeful that this ordeal will pass fast. Stay strong ladies and pray.

• Posted

Thanks Maria for the words of encouragement, I certainly can't wait for this nightmare to end! Glad to hear it gets better in time?

• Posted

ive grown addicted to online shopping ...i love something coming in everyday at the door.....best way to cope with depression and anxiety
    • Posted

I love to online shop! I hear you.. For me the retail therapy is the best, so I guess we can't go to it and get it, so let it come to us, thank you for sharing.. It helps to know how other ladies cope.. Here's to better days ahead?

• Posted

Hi yes I'm in the same isotope as you. Hate having to queue I get sobworked up and hot. Won't go shopping on my own cause I feel as through I might pass out. It's awful xx

• Posted

Aww thanks Karen .. I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one! It helps just to hear others ?

• Posted

No your certainly not alone darl. It's brilliant on here the advice and support you get xxx

• Posted

There are many occasions like this. Plus too many occasions that I don't even bother to get out of the house since I cannot face the other cars, traffic, pedestrians, cyclists, too stressful. I cannot face the world!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.