Short fuse - bad mom

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

I'm dealing with a terribly short fuse in peri. I am soooo impatient all the time - even with my kids. It is scary for me and I feel like the worst mom in the world.

Any of you deal with this? Any advise how to handle it?

Thank you so much!

• Troldepus

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes i feel like the worst mom ever like im not doing what im supposed to last few days very fustrated and angry eant to burst crying but hold it feel anxious like im crazy oversensative to everything and feel guilty like nothing should bother me and i should suck it up um overwhelmed cause i work from home im 49 have teo kids 6 and 14 and i feel trapped by work and kids and the litttlest thing will set me off but i hold it in which prob isnt a goid idea im on day 7 of cycle and i feel like i have pms stmptoms headache backschr cramps tired emotional just dont get it all i can say is try to breath step back when you feel it coming on i know its hard but doable your a mom and kids can make u crazy for no reason

• Posted

this is why i love this forum! i was literally about to search for some advice on why i keep getting so angry - just this afternoon i was having relaxing afternoon out at a fair with the kids, and decide to get some drinks and chips at a stall, so i was patiently waiting for my order but this woman was standing in front and her kids were in front of all the sauces...so when my order came i said sorry and made my way to the sauces - maybe touching one of her kids by accident - and she started shouting at me saying why didnt i say excuse me, and instead of ignoring her i really went for her - i said i said sorry and to f##k off and then i went back to her once i sat down to start again - all in front of my kids ! i have never lost it like this !! i literally had to go off and cool down- what is happeing?! scary, but good to know im not the only one x

• Posted

My mom has been yelling at me for 40+ years. She is the poster child for short fuse. You know what she never does? Apologize. You are not a perfect mom and kids can be major pains in the butt. Sometimes kids need to be yelled at and sometimes they don't. My advice, allow yourself to make an emotional mistake every once and awhile. When you do, apologize and tell them you love them. If you have girls, explain what is happening. No one ever explained perimenopause to me. xo

• Posted

Hi Staci

I'm sorry about your mom...

I often apologize to my kids for loosing it and I'm the kind of mom who hugs and kisses my kids a million times every day. I tell them that I love them and are very proud to be their mom so they know, they are loved deeply 😃

But I still loose it from time to time - maybe when my anxiety is on a high. That can really take a toll on my mood...

I have a 12 year old girl and 8 year old boy. I have explained to my daughter what is happening these years - she remembers my moodswings when I was pregnant wit her brother and understands that hormones are to blame. But still I feel that it's a lousy excuse for my bad moments...

• Posted

You sound like a GREAT mom. We are always our harshest critics. xo

• Posted

Hey there,

I'm the same... i now try and check myself when i feel i'm firing up with the kids. I found it does help to walk away a bit, take a deep breath as i know i'll feel awful afterwards if i carry it on. 😦

• Posted

Not a bad mom-- we go thru a lot!!! I feel like a single mom of 3 kids with a paycheck. My 3rd is my hubby and often I lose my patience. I don't feel bad cuz I could really use some help (adult help). BUT yes every now and then I do snap at the kids which I HATE but when I know that I'm in the wrong or that I'm irritated about something else-- I do say I'm sorry or even allow them whatever it was that made me snap.

• Posted

Thank you so much everybody for your reply ❤️

I love this place with all the support from all of you kind women out there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.