Short term hormone therapy for prostate cancer.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had 4 injections prior to proton therapy (same as radiation but less side effects). Anyone any experience once the dose has stopped? My last injection was 7 weeks ago.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Is this to treat prostate cancer, rather than problems with BPH?

• Posted

It was for moderate grade Prostate Cancer (gleason grade 7 4/3) in order to shrink it and reduce testosterone. 4 injections over 4 months and then I had the proton therapy just after the last dose. I've had more side effects from the hormone than the PT so far, so interested in how people have managed and anything that can get me back to "normal" quicker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.