Shortened vagina?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm about 12 weeks post rectocele repair, I had a few complications following my posterior repair as I had a internal haematoma and have a small defect and a bit more scar tissue according to my consultant although she thinks this is good for the overall result. My and my husband have tried intercourse a few times but (soz tmi) he can only manage to go inside a little bit as its like its closed off?!! Has anyone else experienced this and is it likely to resolve? I was hoping things in that department may be improved but now I feel as though I can't have full penetrative sex 😢

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There is a previous post about this same issue. Last week in fact. Boy did it include a lot of info. You might be able to find it if you scroll thru previous posts. Well to brief you on the suggestions they went like this:

1. Small dildo for practice😬

2. Fingers first

3. Lots of lubricant (water and oil based together)

4. Patience patience patience

I'm sure others will have some suggestions here.

This was last week. Personally I need to wait till mid Feb to even try, so check back. I got online and ordered a small dildo. It was an eye opening experience to say the least. It's better than going to an adult novelty shop. Private!

Good luck!

Pam

• Posted

I remember the post well Pam, made me laugh😅 pls don't worry Laura, went through the same thing as you and happy to say we finally managed full penetration st the weekend after 12 weeks abstinence! Was a bit uncomfortable but hopefully better next time!

I was one of the ones that bought a dildo 😁to practice with so I knew when things were getting easier!

Don't forget to use plenty of lube and take it easy!! 😉

Sue

• Posted

Yes Laura,the same thing happened to me after my rectocele repair,don't wish to dishearten you but has taken a year to even get back to anything like normal. Consultant told me it does happen.I'm also needing a cystocele repair which can make things even worse, so not too keen to go that route,hope things improve for you xx
  • Posted

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, I shall have a look for the older thread and get myself a dildo 😁 and some lube. You have all given me hope that we may be able to get back to normal even if it does take some time. I'm so grateful for this site, it's definitely not something I'd drop into regular conversation lol! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.