Shortness of breath

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anyone else experience thus symptom like this. I experience a feeling of shortness of breath this happens out the blue I can be doing nothing and then it hits me usually last a minute at the most I know i can breath but it feels like I'm short of breath. I check my pulse and my heart rate is normal. I don't get out of breath easily when walking ir climbing stairs so don't think it's serious and I have been checked with ecgs and blood tests for heart and all okay.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi lynsey i get that aswell have for yrs mines anxiety and im sure yours is to ive had lung function tests to double check and its always normal the test results. Mine happens out of the blue I can be relaxed watching TV and suddenly I'll be short of breath its scary but im doing to myself even though I dont think im anxious subconsciously iam. The brains powerful thats for sure try not to stress about it 😂
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply I'm glad to hear it's not just me it's so strange and scary. Like I say I can be out walking all day and no shortness of breath I walk up 5 flights of stairs to my house and no breathing issues but can be sitting doing nothing or just walking round house and it starts doesn't last long which reassures me as well. I never think I am very anxious but I still get daily symptoms lightheadedness strange pains etc and then I get anxious haha
  • Posted

hard to say what that is. it could be asthma but you don't get out of breath after exercise. an allergy maybe. try and notice what is going on next time it happens in your surroundings. do a bit of detective work and see if you can come up with an answer.

rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.