Shortness of breath

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there my name is Ivan I'm 25 years old I've been shortness of breath sense May I started having it after a panic attack that sent me to the ER. I currently have General Anxiety Disorder but managing it with the appropriate meds. I've had Different tests Xray of the Heart and lungs ,Numerous Blood Tests and EKG and I also had a stress test along with an Echocardiogram(ultrasound of the heart) all those tests came back Normal. The only thing that came out a bit abnormal was was the pulmonary function test at least 3 measuring numbers were a bit below average and this might be causing my shortness if breath according to the pulmonary Dr assistant. I'm still waiting on my test results but I'm a bit worried whether what it can be... Any suggestions or ideas. Would be helpful also is thus shortness of breath treatable ?? Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention. My meds are

Propranolol 20mg (been on 6 months)

Albuterol inhaler ( been on 2 weeks)

Celexa 40mg ( been taking for 7 weeks )

Montalukast 10mg ( been on 2 weeks)

• Posted

You are probably best waiting to hear your test results as that will give you the most accurate answer.  Test results and your own doctor can advise you accordingly.

You current medication indicates that your symptoms are already being treated.  asthma, anxiety, depression etc. Likely forums for these diagnosed conditions will be more appropriate for you to post in at this time.

Once you have your test results your doctors may want to adjust your medication or dose.

All your lung, heart and blood tests came back normal so it is highly unlikely you have COPD.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply . I'm just concerned about the pulmonary function test sense some numbers were below average. Is there anything that I can try to give relief to shortness of breath?. Sometimes it even feels like heavy breathing. This problem has been going on for 2 months already.

• Posted

check to see what your doctor says about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.