shortness of breath, chest pain, appointment tomorrow..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone

So my appointment for my echo and to have my heart monitor put on is for tomorrow and these past two days have been torture. I've been feeling like I can't catch a good breath, like I keep trying to breathe but there's a pain in my chest that won't let me... rolleyes has anyone else ever had this? I'm laying down now and it's got better but when I'm sitting it's awful. Also my chest pain has been really bad and my heart rate has been nuts. I'm so scared about my appointment tomorrow and think they're going to tell me I'm dying. It's so scary. I just hate this so much I want to cry. I'm scared about the echo. I don't know who the doctor will be or what's gonna happen. I'm so scared hes gonna tell me there's something seriously wrong. sad(( why is this all happening??? It's not fair.

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Chest pain is the most common symptom of anxiety it's how mine was eventually diagnosed after 3yrs of tests and scans and your heart rate is probably up because your stressing about the pains it's really nothing to worry about it just takes a lot of getting used to
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

rolleyes thank you. It's just hard to think about living with this for a long time. sometimes when I try to relax, it brings more of an awareness to me and makes it worse. I'll try to remind myself everything is very normal.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

How old are you?

Here's the thing the more you realise that this things are playing with yiur emotions,the more you'll stop feeling this way.

Imagine all the times that you followed your emotions and feelings and turns out the truth is the complete opposite??

For me its almost 100%.

So think of it this way.

I have been feeling this way for almost 6 mths now but nothing has happen so far which means im healthy.

And its all in my head.

I did that and today i feel like a normal human being.not like someone who is constantly worried about my heart.

I have my first couselling session tomorrow.

I know once i get over the small aches and pains,and take it as normal then i will be like a normal person.

The truth is we face aches and pains all the time every day,out heart is beating so its normal to feel sensations that we cant explain sometimes and muscle spasms all over our body..that shows we are living and very much healthy.

Just that once you get anxious,you tend to focus on the pain and sub consciously ancipating more pain.

Try,whenever you feel breatheless,just calm yourself and say that your heart doesnt hurt so means its fine.

Whenever you feel the pain anywwhere in your body just think 'it has happen before and nothing worse has happen so its just normal,it'll go away like every other time'

You will sure feel better.trust me ☺

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up