Shortness of Breath for 2 days!! Worried!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

So I'm extremely worried atm because I've had shortness of breath for 2 days now. I know that might seem petty but I'm extremely worried it's something serious.

I just woke up the other night and felt like I couldn't breath and it's stemmed from that.

The internet is saying it could be things like heart disease, a silent heart attack or a collapsed lung.

However I do suffer with anxiety and panic attacks (although I've never been to the doctors about it). And my throat feels raspy/tight and my nose is blocked (which doesn't help).

So could this shortness of breath really be from a panic attack that has stemmed throughout 2 days?

I really don't want to go to A&E or anything and cause a fuss if it might be a long panic attack I'm just really doubting it is.

I know panic attacks can last for hours but I've never had one last for days before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

First rule of thumb . . . don't google your symptoms. The results, the many results, can cause more harm than good.

?I believe what you are experience is anxiety and that can last for days, someties weeks if not treated.

?I really think you should see a doctor and ask them all the questions you are posting here. Posting is this forum is a great way to vent, discuss, ask questions or even share words of encouragement. The latter part is HUGE!!

?Anxiety and panic attacks, in my opinion, can throw your body for a loop. It's your body hyperventilating. Hence shortness of breath. And J, you are not being petty. You are being real.

?Reach out and talk to your doctor. I see both a nurse practitioner for meds and a psychologist for talk therapy. Just started talk therpy.

?You have come to the right place. We here are all suffering along with you. We have good days and bad days. Yesterday for me was a good day, today, no so much.

?There's a lot of good people here that will be there for you - including myself smile But call, make an appointment. It's your health and that's important.

?Wishing you well. Sending you positive vibes.

• Posted

You sound so nice! I made a few posts and nobody respond. I am an anxiety suffer and it is a very scary and lonely place to be....I have had a very hard time with side effects from zoloft, my body just doesn't tolerate it well. It does help me though mood wise, so now I am only taking 25mg. Are you taking any meds?

• Posted

Yes, I take a few. I take Hydroxyzine, Lamcital, Klonopin and Trazadone. A lot, huh? But I don't think it's the right combination. I was recently diagnosed with bipolar; however, since then and then med change, I have been nothing but anxious and I'm getting sick of it.

?I took Zoloft many years ago when I originally was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I don't remember side effects though.

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them. Well, next time I see your post, I'll respond.

?Sending you positive vibes.

• Posted

Nobody replied? Aw honeysad Must have slipped through the net. The Forum can be a bit hit and miss in email alerts. If you want you can pm me. I will respond smile

• Posted

Definitely sounds like panic to me. I suffered in what I call an "anxiety loop " for almost 2 months! I know if I can't breath from my nose I get anxious. I also have tightness in my throat. I strongly recommend you go to the doctors and get medication to help you. I have been taking Zoloft and Xanax for the past few months until I get back on track. Have you tried breathing steam for your stuffy nose? I know how hard feeling like this can be....help yourself and go to the doctors.

• Posted

this is from anxiety and panic attacks so try not to worry about it the more you think about it the worse it will get nothing is going to happen to you try and take your mind off it by reading anything really I bet if you do try this it will go. the same thing  has happend to me many a time anxiety can be a nightmare at time most of the time really the more you let it control you the worse it becomes I know it can be very scary at time trust me I have been there and still im be strong you will be ok     
  • Posted

Oh honey! I'm so sorry you are going through this! I had a really bad day aniexty wise yesterday and it was awful so I feel ya! The shortness of breath sounds to me like another symptom of anxiety but I do feel like you should see a dr. We are here for you.

• Posted

Hi,You need to sit down with a piece of paper and list exactly how you are feeling.Then make yourself an appointment to see a Gp!Onl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.