Shortness of breath scares me to death

Posted , 2 users are following.

These days my only symptom is shortness of breath,i dont remember how is a normal breathing.most of the time i cant breath well i have to take deep breath nothing can help me, dats realy scary i think i will stop breathing dat moment,can it make me stop breathing?im not on any meds,i just sometimes take a xanax,should i start taking meds?

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

xanax is a med and a very potent one.  do you have a self healing plan, like when I am anxious I will take ten deep breaths, or I will take a walk or I will journal . . . what are you eating? What you put in your mouth effects your whole body; crap in crap out.  what helps you?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know about relaxing tips but i forget all of them i cant concentrate what should i do,it makes me very hopeless dat moment i do nothing,im sure nothing will help me i just wait till it finishes or take a xanax,actually i dont care what i eat its not healthy
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try yoga. It is really very useful with breathing and anxiety. You need something to goto when the anxiety revs up. Logic kind if flys out the windiw but at least you would have all the teachings and benifits of yoga to guide you to self calming. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up