Shortness of breathe?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Everytime I eat a large amount, or really fatty foods, I get extremely short of breath for 8-12 hours. I feel the need to constantly breathe as deeply as possible. I just want to make sure this is normal. I am a bit overweight and am working to change that, but I am only 18 and have very high triglycerides so I wanted to make sure it wasn't something more serious..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get that too!!! Then I get anxiety from it which makes it worse!!

Do you have anxiety issues? Or been diagnosed?

I know when I had really low iron , I felt shortness of breath all the time?

Have you had a blood work done lately??

Hang in there and try not to worry to much smile

• Posted

Just happened to me right now! I also feel like my throat gets tight and when I swallow it feels tight. The more I'm aware of it, the tighter it feels! I just got blood work ct scan and MRI of my head done and all normal. So I know for sure it's an anxiety thing.
    • Posted

Do you get the feeling when you throat feels tight that you need to burp and keep swallowing? I'm having issues with feeling like food sticking. I know it probably isn't but I get that right throat feeling, like pressure and feel the need to keep swallowing and wanting to burp!
  • Posted

I used to get constant shortness of breath for the whole day and especially after heavy meal or fatty food . I keep struggling to get that satisfying deep breath and after few tries I do achieve one after 10 tries . Chest also starts paining .

Eat less but frequently , avoid oily food, eggs are very bad for my case, pork isn't good . And drink a lot of water .

• Posted

Hey guys! Yes I have anxiety, and yes I get the tightness around my throat.. I think it's just from eating too much and my blood pressure spiking. Thanks for the support! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.