Should I be scared for my HIV test?? HElp!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. I am an 18 year old Hetero Sexual Female. I have had  8 sexual partners in the past and my question to you all is should I be scared to take my HIV test? In the near future I will have to take one for some paper work I have to complete. I have never had unprotected sex. EVER. I have done oral sex without a condom, but I have never had any open wounds of any kind. I have also never done any injected drugs or have any tattoos. I came on this discussion to know if I shoould be scared? Is it normal for people to be a little scared? Again, I have never had sex without a condom before, but I have done oral sex. 

I guess I just need to calm my nerves somehow, or can someone tell me if I'm over reacting? Haha, thank you all so much in addvance!!! 

Dezzy 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You've practiced safe sex so your risk will be ultra minimum from intercourse, so nothing to worry about on that front.

I'll have to leave it others to put your mind at rest with regard oral as I don't know.

• Posted

You should have nothing 2 worry about as you said you been safe regarding sex I think the chances ov catching it for oral is low anyway so I think you should stop worrying haha good luck wink
  • Posted

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about as you've had safer sex and the risks from oral would be so small. If you are having the test for a job application or something like that why not go to the GU clinic and have a test just to put your mind at rest.
  • Posted

Sounds like you have anxiety... I think everyone gets nervous.. That is normal. The chances of catching HIV are pretty slim w no protection, but almost no risk w protected sex.. Stop worrying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.