Should I be worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi for the past 2 weeks or so I've had a headache/pressure behind eyes and in forehead and temples which has been. Asking me very dizzy I have also had an occasional high temperature. I am taking 10mg fluoxetine which I have only been on for 3 weeks. The docot r said it might be sinus but my nose hasn't been runny and mucus is generally clear. I'm really worried it's a brain tumour but I'm only 17 and I know it's u likely but it's making me freak out. The headaches are so bad I've been on the couch for days.

HELP

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there... 

lol I know what you mean, don’t worry Prozac can cause this headach, so don’t worry, your body as to adjust to it, and still very early days for you... I’m on 60mg and since then, seem to have headach most days, but your on a low dose, so in time as your body gets use to it, hopefully it will settle down..

Good luk x

• Posted

I really hope so it's  making me really dizzy and I've had no appetite I'm really worried

• Posted

Don’t be worried, I know easy said then done, but it’s just the med, like Pam just said as well.. u are prob just very sensitive to some meds, and the more you worry about stuff the worse you will make yourself... we’ve all been there, so if all was fine b4 you started this med, then now you feel like crap, this is the meds working, and will settle in time, it’s a slow working drug, so just give your body time to adjust to it, and please try and not worry about it being any thing, other then the meds..x
  • Posted

Hi finnian! Firstly i would like to tell you that you've not got a brain tumour! Your doc would have found that straight away , its the normal thinking of an anxiety sufferer!! What if!! Its all to do with your being on floux , believe me , what s happening is only the med kicking in ! Please don't worry , in a week or so the pains should be gone or ease , take care , and keep with this group !!! Xxxx

• Posted

Hiya Pam 

How’s things going with you? All good I hope? Big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi dawn , been really good but having a bad muzzy day in shops !! Do you get this ? Xxxxxx
    • Posted

Hi Pam...muzzy day lol, what’s that ??? Hot flush?? No 😏xx

• Posted

No dawn , too old for them now!! I think people like ourselves have up and down days , that's why we take meds !! Cos we have anxiety in the first place! Xx

• Posted

Lol my mind total gone 🤪 must be my age... yep I defo agree with you, be nice if could stay good 25/7 🙂 but how body’s just wont let us,,, but more good days then bad ones, so that’s a bonus... Iv not been out to shops today , don’t think I could handle all the shoppers with being Black Friday, use to love shopping, but just not botherd with the hassle any more ... but I do love Christmas time, even tho I live on my own, still find it great ..🤗xx

• Posted

I love Xmas too Dawn , have a lot of family ! Love shopping , find it struggle when not well but cherish the good days !, its weird how we can feel off some days , even when meds have kicked in xxxxx
    • Posted

I know Pam ... think that’s just life I suppose, and we are not robots  are we, so we will have a odd bad day, here and there , at least it’s better then b4 we tuk the meds, well for me it’s defo better lol, I put mine down to the crap menopause  lol.. but hoping I’m coming to the end of That fingers crossed 🤞..

And yeah it’s hard to motivate yourself wen it’s a bad day, but we try our best ...🤗xx

• Posted

We sure do Dawn , onwards and upwards , , yes were normal people just prone to anxiety! I've been feeling real good last two weeks or so , bring it on! Sending hugs to you!! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.