Should I go to a&e?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Right so today iv had the breathing problem where it felt one breath was so tight it was barely there it's uncomfortable it felt like my breathe had been pulled forcefully ! Then I had breathing feeling it was stopping for ages all day iv had a flipflop heart beat that's coming and going also started having pain in left breast I can even feel a thud every now and again in my throat like where my voice box is I have pain in both sides of my kidneys which started after eating as well and my phone said my heart beat was 166 bpm while sat down resting earlier then later when I felt light it was 56 ! Somebody help please should I go to hospital or do you think it's anxiety my heart races while I stand up or bend down too

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds to me like you have been freaking yourself out all day. And if your panic attacks are anything like mine, you will feel an anxiety attack "hangover" tomorrow. 166 is pretty high, but i think you are just freaking yourself out. My phone sometimes says high and then low. I check it again and figure the very low number was a glitch with the phone. If you can't calm yourself down, maybe a trip to the hospital would make you feel better.
    • Posted

Thanks Ashley I don't know why it's doing it if I check my pulse it does not seem that high but I don't know I'm so on edge I can't even count x
  • Posted

Hi Steph you have definitely been getting yourself into a pickle today just try and relax and take your mind off it, watch something on tele that you enjoy or even start tidying up (this is what really helps me) you are feeding the anxiety and that's what's making you panic more and giving you all your different symptoms, even go for a shower and chill it will eventually pass!! Take care xx
    • Posted

Thank you I have cleaned all my house already it's my new thing I clean constantly .

iv had a shower my palps got worse and nearly blacked out .

iv had palps all day on and off I am going through a bad time today though and been stressed out by other issues so guessing I need to just learn to live with this now 😦 xx

• Posted

Anno the palps to me are the worst when they come from nowhere cause we think the worst about our heart but hold your breath for about 30/60 seconds and they should stop 😃 xx
    • Posted

I was told to tap my neck where my pulse is by hospital but then online it says it's dangerous if your not with a doxtor haha weird I don't think I can hold my breathe that long xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.