should I have a knee replacement?

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have osteoarthritis of my right knee and am in moderate pain when walking more than about 50 metres,not controlled by simple painkillers.I can do everything in the house and garden,climb stairs and sleep ok.I do aqua aerobics and non weight bearing exercises in the gym,as well as swimming,but the walking is getting slowly worse.

This is limiting my enjoyment of life as I cannot walk round an exhibition,or even round more than one shop at a time.

I have a date for a total knee replacement later this year but cannot decide if it is the right thing to do.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i had my 2nd tkr 5 weeks ago , ive had both done in 5 months and at 53 it was important to me to get back to work , my first knee still gets pain but i think its more muscle ache than any thing else , my 2nd knee i

also has the same pain as the other ,just more of it .the best thing that after 16 months of work with one then the other ,i hope that i can return in october yea smile;, its not an easy recovery but well worth it , sure you will feel the same , good luck 

• Posted

It a problem for me also age 74 and going to have Arthro-lubriciant injected bonds with naturally occurring joint flurid to create a lubricating and cushioning layer to reduse pain inflammation and swelling of the joint I hope it work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.