should I increase?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all

Ive been on 10mg Citalopram for 5 weeks and my GP has suggested that I increase to 20mg, Ive stated to him

that I want to stay on 10mg for 3 months and if no change then increase to 20mg....

Should I just increase now to 20 instead of waiting?? I have not had any changes in my anxiety so far...

I am also on 22.5mg of mirtzapine which my GP wants me to come off ....

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you don't mind the side effects..I say go for it..and if you do mind do it five grams at a time..

• Posted

HI Raj I had the same dilemma I didn’t know whether to give the drug longer. Then everyone on here said if you wait to increase you may go back to the beginning. So I did it but just went up by 5mgs for 5days then up again and I have to say so far no extra side effects. The other drip you are on helps you sleep still???
    • Posted

Hi Gilip

Are you noticing anything positive with the increase yet?

Yeah the other drug still makes me sleep.

I am going to reduce it down to 15mg now for a month then to half a tablet the following month..

• Posted

Yes Raj I can notice an ever so slight improvement. It’s slow but it is coming. Some people feel amazing benefits after only 2-3 weeks but for me it didn’t start til I had been on cit for 6 weeks then a little better  after the increase. Lois always says it’s very slow to work and I have confidence in what she says. You are doing really well Raj don’t let your thoughts tell you anything else. Try to live in the moment, in the day and enjoy those pleasant moments that come. Do whatever you love to do x x love and blessings gili
  • Posted

hello evryone ,, raj i m on day 43 on 10mg i m better , still anxity but not as bad as it was the previous weeks , i go everyday for a walk or cycling , i know weather is bad here uk but i have to keep tring ,, my appetite is cume bk , i have to keep goin if by 3 months mark it hasent gone then i m goin for opinion 2 incresing dose (i hope i dont have to) 

plus i lisent to guys to keep goin.... lois, gilip hope u two are ok on this cold sunday 🙂

• Posted

I think your doing the right thing..folks should at least give this Medication three months or more..I say more because quite a few folks on here needed months iam one of them..I never thought ten was going to work for me..bit here iam feeling fantastic.

• Posted

yeh i read a lot , plus with advice ffrom the forum it can take up 12 weeks to feel better , look i m not 100 %  i still have ups and down ‘... i hope raj getts better coz is not easy i know ....
    • Posted

I understand Raj.. desperation but she's only five weeks in..she gotta stick to same dose longer...

• Posted

is tuf, but we will get throu it ,, i drink a camimil tea before bed it help better sleep,, 
    • Posted

Hi Ben

Yes the weather is awful at the moment, thought we saw the end of of the snow!

I want to get better but I keep thinking if the Mirtzapine didnt do much except make me fat and send me to sleep then perhaps Cit isnt going to do much...

The doctor believes its gonna work so I hope he is right xx

• Posted

Hey Lois 

Im hoping I see some light during the next few weeks xx

• Posted

Yeah I drink Camomile tea too, and watch loads of netflix... 
    • Posted

just keep thinking positive, thats what i do is hard but one day at a time , i was getting thoughts evryday for the last 6 weeks i m gone get better , is this making me feel worse i tri evryday to overcume it by saying is anxity bring it on coz i will get better and so evryone will 2 ,, and pls dont play with doses i have read so much lately people dont give to much time to it , is not a fast fix ,, lookin at comments here mos people that suffered couple years bk they dont even write anymore coz i think most of them are better now stabilised,,, 
    • Posted

That's one of the reasons why my phychiatrist decided to drop my dose instead of upping.. because she says this medicine is very slowwwww working..by downing the dose I Dodge all the horrendous side effects...all though I still experience them..they weren't as intense..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.