Should I switch Cit to another antidepressant

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI,

just looking for some good feedback and past experiences.

I've been on CIT for 6 months , had good days and even weeks, but for the past 2 and 1/2 weeks my anxiety has been off the charts! I GO to my dr tomo and don't know if I SHOULD give up and try another antidepressant. I'm beside myself not knowing what to do'

I JUST increased my dosage from 25 mg to 30 mg 2 days ago and have real high anxiety

thank you for your advice

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would try and give the increase a few more days and see if it helps. I was in the same boat, my anxiety was just worsening by day so I eventually took the plunge and increased and it settled after 3-4 days. It might just need a little extra time? I mentioned before I'm sure but I really would recommend Diazepam which is prescribed for anxiety. Try not to fear taking it too, it really helps to take the edge off while the CIT does it's work.

I truly hope you get some relief soon. I still have boats of it throughout the day but have learned to let it be....it helps as it passes quicker. And once a month I'm struggle with agitation and detachment. It's either lessoning over time or I'm managing to distract myself from it. Either way I'm getting there. It's a long and tiring process but rewarding in the end 😃

• Posted

I've tried about 5 different antidepressants including. citalopram and For me mirtazapine has been the best for depression and anxiety. I actually feel normal for the first time in a long time. I take 45 mg a day and I feel fine. Ive been on it for close to a year.

• Posted

As you have just increased dosage, if you change to quickly to another med, it could cause you increased side effects, its normal to get side effects from dose changes, give it more time to settle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.