Shoulder physio not working

Posted , 2 users are following.

After several weeks physio without much success apart from a slight improvement in range i have been advised to try cortisone injections. The pain goes from shoulder to neck to elbow... currently on Gabapentin but not having much effect anymore.... are the injections successful ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do u need an X Ray or MRI scan? Please see your Consultant and or GP. I am still on pain relief tablets after an op 5.12.13 on an upper arm fracture. I wait for good movement in my arm and shoulder 2. Sue
    • Posted

Hi Sue...

I had an ultra sound scan a few months back,detected impinged bursa which physio didnt resolve

• Posted

Hi David

Would u like to be refered to see your Consultant again for a check up? Can I request an ultra sound scan too? I need a second opinion. Due now to see new shoulder clinic physio team. Shall write soon. Sue confused

• Posted

My GP organised the ultra sound scan,i have yet to see a consultant so i guess you can ask for a scan Sue ?

I have been at a private physio arranged by my employers without any success.So i have to have Cortisone injection and see if the helps

• Posted

Update

Steroid injection has not offered much pain relief,now been referred to an orthopedic triage appointment whatever that means ????

• Posted

HI David hope u r better now. I am responding to treatment with Shoulder Physio team at NHS Hospital where I can access a gym with guidance from physios. This is once a week for up to 45 minutes. i also see private physio once a week at NHS clinic for up to 1 hour for physio excercises. I take 2 paracetomal before physio to ease my pain.

I may request GP refers me for ultrasound scan. I am with Orthopedic team following an op to mend a serious fracture in my upper humerus (arm) following trip on kerb. i am pleased with the support I am being given so far at my NHS Hospital. Your Team can advise about all types of pain relief too.

Best wishes David

• Posted

Hi Sue,im getting there slowly.Sounds like you are getting lots of help where you are.... Great news !!!

Physio really didnt work for me but if it does for you thats great

Take care Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.