shoulder problem and still painful after op three months ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

Decompression, bone shaved, tendon tidied, and progressed well for 8 weeks. Suddenly movement reduced and pain got worse. Has anyone had similar and what did they do? 

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes.

Physio.

Acupuncture 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jacqueline how did the acupuncture go? I saw a senior physio today. He said I can take sling off in 9 days time. Has said I need to up my painkillers so that I can do more physio without it being so painful. Must admit it's extremly painful this evening
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Tracy, bit of a cock up ,different physio, had not been told by the "old" one that I was coming for accupuncture. So eventually Iwas given 

a shor session with a few needles in both elbows and above, seemingly to confuse the old brain and give it a kick up the jaxy to get it's finger out and start pain removal Had 15 mins and she did some physio as

well, whilst I was flat on my back and pressed the shoulder joint ,

Was happy to be aware of loss of pain .Back nexy week for a proper

session, asked if I could keep her, as she  seemed more knowledgable

fluid gone down from around the joint and upper arm, and it's not hot.

Told her about slapping the Tiger balm on, and she said that was O.K

So, Tracy  it's GOOD NEWS day for me ,and for you too.I had a couple of really painful stiff neck  muscles .both sides that went right up my

skull, I have to keep  touching my shoulder .to feel if it's still cold.

Just sent you a huge sigh of relief ,and I gave the physio a BIG hug

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Tracey.. thought you might like an update 

Accapuncture  Good at the time ) finally wore off and the pain is back   

to what it was prior to the bone scraping (October ) was told to come 

back to have  the torn tendon sewn  I now cannot fasten my bra .

arm refuses to do this anymore. Lots of things can no longer do, so

I am having serious doubts about the tendon bein done. as I am left 

handed, so if the sewing went wrong ,i would be seiously handicapped

Thinking about having accapuncture and sod the op

How are you ???????????????

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had the same operation as you in April 2013. I then had 3 months of physio. I was mainly pain free until October 2013 then the pain returned. I had acupuncture and then had a nerve block injection in Jan 2014, this gave me pain relief but has now worn off so due to have another injection next month.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jillie do you think you may have a frozen shoulder now? That what it sounds like to me? I would go back to your doctor and perhaps get a scan done? Its the pain you are in plus the reducement in movement that makes me think you have a FS & it can occur following your type of surgery sad
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up