Showing signs of depression & anxiety...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been showing alot of signs for depression and anxiety but I have no one to talk to about it. My mum has told me to 'get over it' and basically snap out of it. I can't go to the GP alone as my mum is really strict and needs to know where I am all the time. A-Level stress is piling up as well and I have this constant fear that I won't pass and i'll just disappoint everyone yet again. I've constantly got butterflies in my stomach and feel as if i'm going to throw up at any point. I am insanely insecure and whenever i'm in public, I have this fear that people are judging me and looking at how disgusting I am. I literally can't go on anymore... 

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Search for a hotline you could call (depression in community near you) -- you could talk about your depression/anxiety with them. ( I am not a profesional ). My suggestion is talk to a friend . Writting on a journal can also help you express your thoughts . Find something you truly love to do. And focus and be better at it. I think you need to focus on your self esteem . And as for failures (disappointment as you put it) they don't exist. What have you learned from the experience ? I'm sure you gained some valuable lesson for example you failed a tes (I also have a test) what did I do? I told myself I don't want to be back here again (the feeling of disappointment ) 1 week before test I start studying. Bottom line: focus on yourself find what you love to do be better at it and you'll soon find success . Those disappointments are then nothing because it's only lessons you've learned. [disclamer : not a professional so seeking help from professional is better . What I ahve said are just opinions ]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

you really need to see a Dr and get properly diagnosed and treated if needed . Have you a close family relative

That can go with you as you say your mum

Is strict . Or someone you feel comfortable with . Other than that there's the Samaritans you can phone for a chat , advice etc and it's always confidential

Hope this helps

Daz

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You've done the right thing, best thing would be CBT to take back control of your life and to find ways to boost your self worth and self esteem which sounds like its rock bottom.

Sinetimes just deciding to take control is the boost you need, make a list of things you'd like to do this year and promise yourself you'll have a crack at them all.

Neil 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up