Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +3 following
annie2418 annie2418

SI joint steroid injections

Hi: was wondering how long most steroid injections take to 'kick in,' since it's been 5 days now, and I feel absolutely no relief. My Pain Mgt. doctor is the Chair of a very good hospital, so he certainly knows what he's doing - but since both SI joints were done, only 20 mg were injected on each side. So my concern is that the L side really needs it more (w/ some curvature and rotation to that side - thus a bit of L loading), so might 20 mg be too little to help w/ the pain? Thanks for any thoughts on this, -Annie2418

1 Replies

• robertgreynomad robertgreynomad annie2418

Hi and sorry to hear of your problems.

I have had the same trouble for a number of years now AND had 4 injections of this stuff.

If its the shoulder rotation you have the problem with ( as I do ) all I can say is, it didn't work for me and was a waste of time. Might just as well been injected with water !!. There will of course be others on this forum who will totally disagree and say how wonderful it worked for them.

Like most things, that word MAY always seems to be used. We are not medically qualified, although some seem to give that impression. We can only tell you the effects that some medications have or have not had on us.

In my case, I now only take Lyrica and Panadol Osteo. It seems to work TO A POINT for me. 

Talk to your doctor again and let him know that the injection just does not seem to have any effect. You are not alone with this problem. You also give no indication of your age OR how this problem was caused.?

Mine was a result of a fall and I put my arm out to save myself.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Robertgreynomad age 74.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.