Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm honestly so exhausted now. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired ALL the time. I am only 23 but feel and have the worries of an elderly lady, I hate it. I don't even know anymore, idk if I'm really sick, if I have anxiety or if I'm just gng crazy. Each day I'm scared and each day comes with different symptoms and new scares. I just want to be able live my life and actually enjoy it. Every symptom I fear that I will have a heart attack but now I feel like I can cause it to myself from worrying so damn much. Plz help. No doctor takes my symptoms serious due to my agesad

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

anxiety can and does make us worry about our health in many cases, and zaps all energy. age is irrelevant, i started in therapy at 16 - 20 years ago!  If i were you i would change to a different doctor, if they dont take mental health issues seriously, then they are best avoided
    • Posted

Thanks for ur reply. Sadly and to make my anxiety worst I don't have any medical insurance at the moment so Im not able to go and get regular check ups as I wish. 
  • Posted

Erika:  You sould like me when I was your age.  I was in and out of the ER more than the doctors and nurses...I felt as if I was having a heart attack almost every day...I am now 66 yrs. old, and I still have a lot of anxiety, but I have learned how to control it with meds and changing my train of thoughts...You must be more positive thinking becase anxiety and depression can eat you alive...It has a mind of it's own...First...get a complete check up, including your heart, and if the doctor tells you that you are ok, believe him....when you get a symptom, just wipe it out of your thoughts.  Pretty soon you will be almost anxiety free.  Please send me a message if you need any more help...HUGS., and God bless!!
    • Posted

Thank god I'm not the only one. Last year after my first panic attack out of no where I was in and out of the hospital too, in disbelief that all what I was feeling was due to stress and anxiety. There were days that I couldn't breathe and the doctors said I was fine. It seems like every symptom I read only makes it worst. I'm so scared of actually being ill but I a way I think that would make me feel less crazy as I feel all these weird sensations and aches all over my body. Thank you so much for your advice I really need it as my family doesn't really understand me. And yes, as soon as I get my medical insurance back the first thing I'm doing is going in for a physical to make sure everything is ok. Cyber Hugs!! Thnk u for ur kindness smile
  • Posted

Hi I am 22 and I feel the exact same. My anxitey has been a nightmare this year it started in February. I have been on and of different meds all year, now am trying to deal with it without meds. I felt sick and tired every day could hardly get out of bed and had no energy, I just lay about all day. I went to a health shop place And bought vitamin b12 energy boost spray. You put 4 sprays on your tounge a day with no side affects, you can buy it online. I have used it the last 2 months and what a difference I have noticed I have so much more energy it's also helped my depression slightly, I really recommend it smile ! I also try to eat healthy and I am away to join the gym. Been trying heaps of other vitamins to help with my stress and anxitey will let you no if I find anything that's works. Don't give up tho I had a break down back in March and couldn't leave my mums house because I was scared to be alone now am back in my own place and I can go out again it just takes time I still have a long way to go but am getting there smile x
    • Posted

Thank you. Good to know I will try more vitamins. I thought I was doing better with my anxiety too but this past months it all hit me back. I have a nervous break down everyday like some hrs of the day I feel good healthy with energy then I feel fown nervous with my heart racing or slowing and it gets me all worked up. 
    • Posted

Yeah am the exact same! I think I am over it then you get one bad day and it's sets you right back sad ! Did think about going back on anti depressants but not keen on the sides affects and if the vitamin b 12 has helped me so much I am hopeful that I can find other vitamins that can help me more, just started taken mega stress complex the other day also herd magnesium is good to smile are you on any meds? The one thing I take is propranolol beta blockers but only taken them when I think i need them x
    • Posted

Yea one bad day it's all it takes it sucks. No, well I was actually taking these herbal stress tablets a doctor who practices natural medicine recommended me. They did seem to help sadly I just finished them on Sunday
    • Posted

Ano sad . Should get more if they helped smile do you know what they were called? X
    • Posted

Yes I'm gng back for more tmrrw morning bc this anxiety has been car y this week and I dnt have any help. I dnt remember the exact name I remember it says stress at the beginning and it's a lime green bottle. I'll make sure to get the name for you tmrrw that I go smile
    • Posted

Ok yeah that would be good thanks smile x
    • Posted

Hi was wondering how your getting on? did you find out the name of the herbal stress tablets you doc gave you? or have you tryed anything else that works for you? smile X
  • Posted

This isn't a useful reply or anything, I just saw your post and almost exploded because that is the phrase I've been using 'sick and tired of being sick and tired'. 

I'm sorry I just had to reply and say I totally get you. And you make those doctors listen to you. No one knows you better than you know yourself, and you know something is clearly not right in the way you are feeling. You shouldn't have to be on edge all the time; you're 23, you should be out and about and making the most of life.

Another phrase I have is 'keep on keeping on'. Because I feel like that's the way things are at the moment... nothing to look forwards to and nothing to gain. But we just need to remember that these feelings won't last forever, and if we get the help we need then we can make it through. I'm curgently on 20mg of citlopram and having cbt. Things are looking up.

I hope you get the help you need my dear, and I really hope you can start enjoying life again.

• Posted

Thank you so much. & yes that's exactly how I feel, I seriously have no reason to be so anxious at the moment, life is actually good. Too Bad can't really enjoy it thanx to all my fears and weird daily symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.