Sick and tired of this condition

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been suffering from panic attacks for the past 6 months, haven't had one in about 4. Still live with the constant fear that I'll have another one. Now that summer is here I'm begining to lose it. The other day temps were in the mid 90's and I felt like I couldn't breath. I had to sit in the tub with cold water until the temp cooled down. I've always been sensitive to heat, but now it's affecting me psychologically because of the panic attacks. I'm literally becoming depressed just thinking about summer. I feel like a prisoner in my own damn body. I never in my life thought I would be going through such a horrible condition. I've known people who are chronically ill (physically) who enjoy life more than I do. That frustrates me. 

I know tthe first step is acceptance, but I can't. It's so difficult accepting that this is my life...

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain in living in constant fear. Just know that you are you not alone and every situation in life passes. I hope you find peace one way or another. Don't let it take over your life smile
  • Posted

My anxiety gets worse when it's warm and it's starting to get warmer here I'm from the UK. I make sure I drink plenty, just remember when we are warm our heart beats a little faster, if you are scared you will get panic attacks but it's nothing unusual with your heart, just keep hydrated and enjoy it like I'm sure you use to smile
    • Posted

That's what I've been doing rolleyes but it's just so frustrating feeling like this "thing" has control over my life. Thank you for the advice 
    • Posted

Proof, my love, that you can give very good advice!
  • Posted

Mitch, this doesn't have to be your life forever. Have you seen your doctor abot this - and has the doctor recommended therapy?

When it's hot I simply cannot function. I stand under a cold shower but once I'm out of it, the heat exhausts me - so I just lie on the top of my bed with all the windows open and a fan directed at my face.

Don't feel bad because you currently get no enjoyment out of life - that will come back, eventually.

• Posted

Thank you, I really do hope so because I'm mentally exhausted at this point. I've been in therapy for about 4 months now, but progress is slow. Things just seem extra tough on some days, you know? But I'm so thankful that I have people who care about me during those rough patches. 

• Posted

i exactly feel same the way you are. its like i want to do a lot of activities but in the end i just scare if the attack come when i at outside home
    • Posted

So many people suffer with this. it's very scary and debilitating. I hope you've seen your doctor for advice and therapy.

• Posted

I am very sick of it all myself! We all are. No one wants this. No one. Normis there a lot of compassion going around  we recieve whilst we suffer from anyone in the medical field. .I know it wears off too so im basically waiting. for it all to go away. Acceptance helps and. It somehow does help in calming you. Its kind of iis a lifelong thing but manageabke most of the time. It seems to get difficult here and there..usually when new symptom pops up. You adjust to the old ones oddly. 
    • Posted

That is so true! The scariest symptom I had initially was this "fluttery" feeling in my stomach and chest, kind of like when you're on a roller coaster drop. I overcame it, it went away, and now I'm dealing with other symptoms. Now I kinda of get the feeling that I can't breath even if I try. Hopefully that goes away too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.