Sick for 2 weeks..starting to panic

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know if this is a good place to go, I've never been here.

But for the past 2 weeks I've been sick.

It started with chills and freezing at night but feeling like I was burning up at the same time (but no fever was present I was actually 97). It turned into that plus sweating during the day so badly it turned embarrassing. Terrible morning headaches (and through out the day headaches but always in the morning) followed this. I finally went into the doctor this past Monday when my stomach began to hurt: she had no idea what was wrong with me. She said I didn't have the flu but had all the flu symptoms. No cold. Nothing. No answers so I left empty handed and with a lighter wallet.

The following day (this past tuesday), my stomach pain got worse. I have bloating, bathroom issues, gas, pain (as mentioned) and can barely suck my stomach in or breath deeply without it hurting. This is now followed by a returning "hot feeling" but no fever, slight chills and now a couple new symptoms- rashes on my legs/feet and now on my upper arm. The one of my arm is a lot worse though. Lots of itchy bumps while the rash on my feet/legs are under the skin it seems and don't bother me at all (not even sure if this is related but it's worth mentioning since it's happening).

I checked for the typical girl things like pregnancy and it came back negative. I'm running out of options and need some sort of advice. I don't have much money and going into the doctor to keep having them tell me "We don't know sorry" is not an option..If I can get maybe some info I can go back in with and say "test me for this!" or something it would be so helpful.

I apologize if I'm using this site wrong. I'm panicked and desperate.

Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi may48046

I think the medical professional should have ordered some blood work and stool test for any parasites such as HPylori which cause the symptoms you describe are you getting acid reflux at all?. Also you should be tested for low vit and mineral levels such as vit d and vit b12 low levels cause gastro problems.

Have you eaten anything that could cause stomach upset.

Go back and ask for these tests to be carried out and mention the rash...hope all goes well for you..

• Posted

You're not using the wrong site. Don't worry. Have you been tested for chickenpox?

• Posted

So sorry you're panicked its never easy when you feel really unwell. Did you have bloods done it certainly sounds like you may have inflammation or infection going on. Could your rash be hives? the itchy bumpy rash you get with allergies. Perhaps something such as Buscopan which relaxes smooth muscle would help your stomach pain and relieve the gas etc. You should go back if symptoms are not settled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.