sick of being sick

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am totally fed up with being ill and not having a life and to add insult to injury i never sleep well because i can't breathe when i sleep ! My doctor is awful and whatever i see her about she just says "oh i don"t know why that's happening, any ideas ?" i can't change doctors as i've already changed and there aren't any good ones in my surgery. My consultant can only be seen when he wants to see me and is booked months in advance. I saw a womam from a local organisation recently amd told her i want counselling and she said she didn't agree with it and would urge me not to have it ! Are there any organisation, doctors etc out there that actually help people, i'm really begining to wonder !

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

oh chrissy i know excatly what you mean the times iv said just that

the times iv sat and cried with frustration .

iv seen to much neglect by the medical profffesion to have ever put my trust in them .i went the alternative way i still suffer but not with added side effects of the meds .

i get so frustrated at not being able to do stuff that i could do standing on my head a 11/12 years ago .i expect like most suffers i have always beeen a doer if i had nothing needing doing i would make myself a job 

like i would do a cupboard sort and rearange wheres as most people would just shut the door and leave it

.now getting up to make a cuppa is an effort i think thats why we suffer so

much depression we are the type of people that dont like to sit still 

but because it knackers us so much we dont have the choice 

lets face it if we were the sort of people who had just sat around on sofas

watching tv and eating chocolate it wouldnt be a problem 

its because we are not this kind of person that makes it so hard to bare 

i see my life ticking away year by year and it scares me 

i wish i had an answer ,but i dont ,but i do so understand .mad it so makes me mad.

• Posted

Yep that's it completely x i wish i didn't have to have the medication but i suffer seizures and migraines and have been almost free (had one fit ,two migraines this year) of them for two years thanks to my meds. I don't even know myself anymore, i have put on 9 stone because i could barely move for two years. Of course doctors cling to that as an answer for everything rather than a side effect. I am losing the weight (lost 3 stone so far) and can't wait till it's gone so i can say "You were saying ? "
    • Posted

oh god well you cant take chances with seizures 

how are you managing to loose weight

i so would feel better if i could shift some 

i hate the way i look which dosent help 

iv tried a couple of diets and have stuck to them but nothing moves 

its because i cant get about .that the weights gone on not so much what i eat .i know people think we just sit and eat all day but i also know thats just not the case for fibro suffers its the lack of activity 

• Posted

Yea the seizures were scarey espesh for my hubby. I am following slimming world. I didn't expect to lose much as i thought my diet was healthy but i've realised i comfort ate through boredom. I lost 7 lbs last week !
    • Posted

good for you , iv tried slimming world but theres alot of things like salad

that i cant manage , and they push products with aspartame in so 

bad for you . 

but if its working for you hun i am really glad but it is a diet for life as soon as you stop the weight goes back on .thats tricky to .all you can do is try 

• Posted

I can't eat salad as it makes me ill also eggs so i found it hard at first but i'm doing great now and we (i say we as i can't do the cooking lol) cook everything from scratch the only thing we don't make is my treat of dairy milk. I have found that this is what is encouraged rather than manufactured rubbish. The weight only goes back on if you fall back into unhealthy eating habits and i don't see that happening as i actually see where i was going wrong and this is how i used to eat when i was healthy.
    • Posted

So glad you're finding slimming world works for you - i went to a couple of meetings but i just couldnt get the hang of keeping a food diary or optimising and syns - it all got too complicated, particularly as i dont eat meat at all.  i try now to just watch my calorie intake and make sure i eat whole foods as you've said above, cook from scratch.  i dont touch processed or ready made food at all.  the steroids doubled my appetite - it was quite frightening always being so hungry.  lack of exercise is my downfall now, but it's so hard to motivate myself to do anything physical when it hurts so much - catch 22 situation eh.  by the way, not eating salad isnt so bad - a long time ago a nutritionist told me that raw foods are actually not good if you're trying to lose weight, they dont digest as well so upset the body's natural stomach balance.  i hate salad but love all vegetables, as long as theyre cooked then i digest them better.
    • Posted

well yes hun that what i said its for life and if you can stick to it you will be fine , i love salads but i get terriable pain wind constipation followed by direeh .i to have to be very careful with eggs , i buy qual eggs and just have a couple in a sandwich to get the taste . seems to be ok 

hen eggs constapate me really bad . if i put one in a yorkshire pudding 

or a couple in a cake i am ok but eating them whole 

it just causes problems.

very good luck and i hope it keeps coming of 

• Posted

I only really go to slimming world to get put and for recipes and tips.Yea the exercise side of things is not easy i have a treadmill and use it with my crutches and do whatever i can manage 30 seconds to 5 mins top. I know what you meam about the increased appetite, when my gabapentin was double all i could think about was food but now i am mindfull of what i've eaten and just reason with myself that it's artificial hunger and i have mamaged to calm it from a massive roar to a quiet nag lol. I would def agree with the nutritionist as it hurts my tum really badly. i find cooked veg much easier atfer all there must be a reason we staryed cooking food on the first place x
    • Posted

thanks for that loxie ,i to was told that about salad i still love them come summer but never touch them . if you think about it . its raw and hard to digest so for people with fibro and simulair conditions who are exhausted all the time would make perfect sense that they would have problems

i love root veg and cabbage and brocli and cauliflower them i can eat 

and i live meat lamb being my fav . i couldnt not eat meat unless of course it made me unwell to do so . 

read an interesting article about nuts which are luguns seeds and as undigestable to make them more so soak them over night and allow to dry apparently starts the breakdown of them so your body can digest them better .

• Posted

Isn't that strange, that's exactly how salad and eggs effect me ! It's only been a recent problem say the past few years, before i got ill nothing bothered my stomach. It's pants :-(
    • Posted

me to before this fibro i could eat anything i wanted including hard boiled eggs . i am so glad that someone else has the same problem with the stuff i have , not that your suffering of course i dont mean that its just 

when ever i mention it to people they roll ther eyse as much to say well you would say that you proberly live on chips . 

but its not true i really love salad in the warmer months but not the suffering it causes .i even adore radish . miss them something awful 

• Posted

all this craze for eating semi raw and raw veg been proven its total crap

raw food cant be digested properly and goes thru the system with out us getting the nutrients out of it

liquid goes through the system to quickly hence very little nutrients are gained by the body . best way is to cook veg till its just soft not mushey that way you get the nutrients .

• Posted

Ha ha yea i know what you meant. Yea ppl look at me complaining i can't walk far and think no wonder it's cause of all that weight but actually the weight is because of the not being able to move not the other way round. It just shows how people judge instantly. I use a wheelchair, you should see the looks i get ! Krissy x
    • Posted

i know i got a print of from doctors the other day and on it said 

over weight like i had some contagious disease 

like i should ring a bell and shout unclean .

if i had my energy levals up i run round like a whippet in a trace 

soon have it of ,

have you noticed thou . the poor sods that get put on steriods by there gp and gain tons of weight is that there fault .

• Posted

Yea unclean in a wheelchair here argh run ! It all sucks tbf ! When prescribing steroids or other appetite increasing drugs doctors should also refer the patient to a nutritionist or therapist or something like that so they can get help before it's a problem.

One strange thing is I really miss wearing heels, can't balance in them now :-( flats are not my bag lol.

Krissy x

• Posted

i am the same hun i cant manage heels either and i do miss them 

its so unfair ,i wear studed boots with block heels biker boots in winter

summer i wear mule sandles iv found some with dimonties on and some with studs on for more dressey dos and normal mules for daily flopping about in but its not the same so depressing ain it girl 

• Posted

Totally chick ! I got a red pattent kitten heel and can just about walk from my wheelchair to a seat in them ha ha.

A bizarre symptom i get is vertical lines makes me dizzy. Eg my decking, makes me dizzy and fall over. Random !

Krissy x

• Posted

i get dizzy looking at some patterns to .

i have one pair of red patent heeled shoes about 3inch 

i put them on sometimes in the house but i wouldnt dare walk out side in them 

• Posted

I do that too or wear them when i know im not getting out of my wheelchair. Well my bed is calling me, another lovely broken nights sleep awaits yeay ! Ha ha
    • Posted

iv been sleeping flat out the last couple of weeks really weired for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.