Sick of BV now and the doctors do nothing!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been suffering with this for over a year now and have been to the doctors on numerous occasions and all I get is it will go in time! No treatment no antibiotics nothing!! I'm getting so fed up with it I just want it to go. I've read a lot of stuff regarding vitamin c with rose hip is this information correct! What do I do? Please help me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel you girl. I'm at three years of dealing with this. I went to two different doctors and neither of them could really help me. The first doctor just threw antibiotics my way whenever it came back (which was generally a week or less after finishing the antibiotics) and the second one did the same thing. However, when I mentioned that I had started using boric acid to the second one, she actually encouraged me and asked me a lot about it, like where to order the boric and how it was working. So I quit seeing the doctors and decided to use boric to treat it. Well, this didn't last for long as it would eventually come back. I still occasionally use boric acid when I'm going to hangout with friends or am in a situation where smelling is just no acceptable (during school it isn't that bad as I'm generally not very close to anyone so they wouldn't be able to smell anything) just because I've no other way to get rid of it. I'm at my wits end too. I know I need to stop using boric completely, as it can't be good to use it over such a long period of time (over a year now). I tried vitamin c awhile ago but I didn't stick with it long enough to see if it actually works. I think im going to try it again. For me, when I first did it I inserted 1 vitamin c tablet or capsule with rose hips (it says on the bottle). I also made sure it's not a chewy or flavored tablet, just plain old vitamin c.

So anyways lol, what I would suggest to you is to try inserting one vitamin tablet each night for seven nights, then see where you're at. That's what I'm going to do. If it doesn't work, I would encourage you to try boric acid. Just because it doesn't completely get rid of it for me doesn't mean it won't for you! I ordered it off amazon, as well as gel capsules to fill with the boric. I then insert it up there haha. There are various treatment plans for boric you could look up. I would recommend trying one capsule inserted each night for 5 nights. Anyways, I've rambled on a lot!! If you have any questions regarding anything I'm happy to answer! Try and update on your condition, I hope all goes well.

• Posted

It's getting so bad I just want it to go! Thankyou for the reply I'm going to try it tonight wish me luck! Will let you know how I get on.
  • Posted

A lot of people are saying they take two vitamin b6 supplements of 100mg each a day and they found instant relief the same day...I don't know if it will work for everyone
  • Posted

Hi Melissa!

I have been dealing with Chronic BV for 6 years now...I have always been prescribed Flagyll which would clear it up only to have it return a week later. Here is a link to the most helpful information I have found. There is a lot of information and I have read it all several times. Yesterday I went to the health food store and bought probiotics that contained Rhamnosus and Reuteri, which are apparently

the only two strains that survive the digestive tract. There is also a product that was recommended called Actigel that I was able to order online.

Here is a link to the discussion...I hope you find something that can help you!!

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/chronic-bv-what-ive-learned-all-in-one-place--16756

Good luck!!

Here is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.