Sick of depression!

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all, 

When did Mirtazapine start working for depression for you guys? I used to be on it six years ago and it did help then but it took a few weeks. I was put on Sertraline a month ago when I started feeling that depression is coming back again. Sertraline made me worse and I suffered from terrible insomnia. I went back to the dr and asked to be put on Mirtazapine 15mg. I am getting very impatient now and can’t wait for my mood to lighten up!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ala

I have been on it for about 9 months.

I started on 15mg and worked up to 45 mg , unfortunately for me it did nothing apart from making me drowsy and lethargic. Im not trying to get off it with great difficulty .

A Friend  mine is on it and after  2 weeks he felt good so I suppose its good for some and not others.

I hope you start to feel better soon

Chris 

• Posted

I’m stuck in limbo on 30mg and feeling awful.

I have compounded the problem by stopping pregabalin .

In fortunately my gp dose  not really understand the impact these drugs have on people which makes me very angry 

• Posted

Thanks Chris, so have you been feeling depressed for 9 months with no change? Gosh, it must be so hard to exist? Do you suffer from major depression? Have you tried talk therapies/counselling? 

I was depressed for many months last time before I seeked help but this time I recognised signs earlier so I am hoping to get better. Have had 4 nights of much better sleep after a month of not hardly any sleep on Sertraline. I am nowhere near my usual self but at least I can think better and cope with this nasty illness. I hope you find something that help you to go through!

• Posted

Yes a long time ala due to a pulsating headache which never leaves me. I’ve had every scan and test but they are unable to find a reason. It also does not respond to and pain med
  • Posted

Taking it 2nd time around might not work either. I know quite a few people who it worked for 1st time around but not 2nd. I've also been on 15 mg for 9 months but am tapering down very slowly. This drug for a lot of people is very difficult to get off.

• Posted

Can I ask has mirtazapam caused night sweats, I am on 30 mg but wake early and feverish .

I keep going back to the docs but he can’t explain it and said it’s definitely not the meds

• Posted

Yes Chris often I wake up in he mornings soaking wet. It is the meds doctors know Jack s**t about this drug and the damage it causes.
    • Posted

Pudsey 

This drug is scaring the hell out me.

I wake in a hell of a mess in the early hrs.

If I manage to get back to sleep I then wake as if somebody has give me an electric shock and have a job to calm down 

Chris 

• Posted

Hi Pudsey 67, did it help you at all? Were you taking it for depression? I remember when last time I was eventually on 45mg for 5 months and did not have any problems coming off it, that’s why I am surprised when people write so much about bad withdrawal symptoms. 
    • Posted

Some people don't struggle to get off it Alan but I know plenty who are me being one of them. I was cold turkey off one drug and straight on to mirt for sleep. Not once has it made me sleep in 9 months. I have been averaging 2-3 hours hours a night since taking it.

• Posted

I’m six weeks off mirtazapine after tapering for six months my brain zaps are horrific and the withdrawals from this drug it the worst please think carefully before taking anymore 
    • Posted

You feel like your brain is being squeezed and electric shocks stab away at it for days then I can get a window where it’s fine but when I’m in that wave of zaps it’s hell
    • Posted

It’s a window not a wave that’s not completely a window

Windows are when you feel better and waves are when the withdrawals hit you like a ton of bricks 

When you come of mirtazapine that’s what happens in recovery we ndows and waves

• Posted

That must be what's happening to me Caroline, stopped 30mg mirtazapine 9 days ago, have my better moments and then still feel really tired. How long before you get this out of your system?

• Posted

Started tapering down from 30mg to 15 mg for a week. Then after 15mg every other night and every 2 days. Just decided to stop them altogether. Haven't been too bad, still feeling the effects of the tablets so hopefully with time they will be out of my system.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up